Help!!! Omg!! | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Help!!! Omg!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

There is no contradiction. The time warranty starts with delivery, The mileage warranty starts at zero. Maybe we could have one of the ford people, Rebecca or Crystal, answer this for sure.

There is no contradiction. The time warranty starts with delivery, The mileage warranty starts at zero. Maybe we could have one of the ford people, Rebecca or Crystal, answer this for sure.
Okay, I see what you're saying. But it seems to me that the Warranty Guide is quite clear.
It states that "Your Warranty Start Date is the day you take delivery of your new vehicle or the day it is first put into service (for example, as a dealer
demonstrator), whichever occurs first
."
Since "the warranty" refers to the 3/36 factory warranty, both time and mileage would begin upon taking delivery of the vehicle.

Peter

Okay, I see what you're saying. But it seems to me that the Warranty Guide is quite clear.
It states that "Your Warranty Start Date is the day you take delivery of your new vehicle or the day it is first put into service (for example, as a dealer
demonstrator), whichever occurs first
."
Since "the warranty" refers to the 3/36 factory warranty, both time and mileage would begin upon taking delivery of the vehicle.

Peter

Hi gang,

Just to verify, Peter is correct. The Warranty Start Date (also known as the in-service date) is the day you take delivery of your new vehicle or the day it is first put into service, whichever occurs first. The mileage at warranty start will reflect what the mileage was when you took possession of the vehicle.

Let me know if you have any other questions. Have a great weekend!

Crystal

Hi gang,

Just to verify, Peter is correct. The Warranty Start Date (also known as the in-service date) is the day you take delivery of your new vehicle or the day it is first put into service, whichever occurs first. The mileage at warranty start will reflect what the mileage was when you took possession of the vehicle.

Let me know if you have any other questions. Have a great weekend!

Crystal

If I purchase a new vehicle that has been on the dealer lot for a few months and the dealer has been using it to give prospective customers a test drive what is the "day it is first put onto service"? Is it when I take delivery [ giving me the full 36 month warranty ]or when the dealer started to use it to give test drives a few months ago[ giving me only a 34 month warranty]?

What is the definition of "put into service"? When the dealer takes delivery or when the buyer takes delivery?

If I purchase a new vehicle that has been on the dealer lot for a few months and the dealer had been using it to give prospective customers a test drive what is the "day it is first put onto service"? Is it when I take delivery [ giving me the full 36 month warranty ]or when the dealer started to use it to give test drives a few months ago[ giving me only a 34 month warranty]?
I would think that if it was sold to you as a 'Demonstrator' then the warranty would have begun when it was placed in service. If on the other hand it was sold as a 'new' car, than I believe the warranty would begin when you bought it. Does your paperwork state anything in this regard or was that mileage registered on it?

Peter

If I purchase a new vehicle that has been on the dealer lot for a few months and the dealer has been using it to give prospective customers a test drive what is the "day it is first put onto service"? Is it when I take delivery [ giving me the full 36 month warranty ]or when the dealer started to use it to give test drives a few months ago[ giving me only a 34 month warranty]?

What is the definition of "put into service"? When the dealer takes delivery or when the buyer takes delivery?

Put into service would be when you take delivery or when dealer uses it for a demo, meaning someone at the dealership is using it. Not for customer test drives.

Gideon don't apologize if you weren't intending to be offensive.

In todays PC world sadly some can't see that not everyone is on the same page.

Like it or not using American Standards much of the world is not honest.
Not to mention that many foreigners have no trouble trying to take advantage of Americans.

1600 km sounds like way too much mileage on a "new" car.

Gideon don't apologize if you weren't intending to be offensive.

In todays PC world sadly some can't see that not everyone is on the same page.

Like it or not using American Standards much of the world is not honest.
Not to mention that many foreigners have no trouble trying to take advantage of Americans.

1600 km sounds like way too much mileage on a "new" car.
That figure was corrected to 16km in a subsequent post.

Peter

Back