Radio display says CALL.

ants

Reaction score
City, State
scott city
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 xlt
my ford explorer radio display CALL, how to fix that problem please

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

my o3 radio says the same. any luck with a fix

So i got a fix. The first time i disconnected battery and re- installed it after a few minutes, no change. Frustrated by wife and screaming kids, i started searching for new radio ( expensive fix ) and decided to pull the radio fuse. Left it off for about a week, more screaming kids and upset wife, and walla! Radio is back and functioning like new with no issues . Bonus, happy children and wife that didn't cost me a cent or a trip to the mall.

If your radio has a phone button on it, that might be it. It'll mute the radio as if you're in a phone call.

I believe that it was stuck on mute. The phone symbol button.But in the 11years of ownership the button was never pressed. To be honest, never noticed it. I'm just happy the fuse pull worked!!!

I've noticed that the buttons on these radios, when not pressed for a while, become very 'sticky.' I had the same issue with my "AutoSET" and "CD" buttons on my radio. I would never press them, one day I accidentally pressed AutoSet instead of CLK, and the damn button got stuck pressed.. and took a while to come out.

Mind you, I have a different radio than you're '03, but I doubt much has changed in how they make the buttons.

Happy to report , radio still works.

Back