• Register Today It's free!

2001 sport 3 inch body lift

sinergy

Reaction score
City, State
jersey
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 explorer
I have my 3 inch body lift on now. I'll have had it on for 2 years in may. I notice when I make hard turns the inner part of the tire (33s) hits the sway bar. Its definitely a problem when I have the 4 wheel drive on when I'm driving in the snow to get in the parking lot at the train station for school. It tries to ride up on the sway bar. It makes unnecessary noise. Is there a sway bar maybe 2 inches to 4 inches shorter in length that I could put on so that my tires don't rub. I'm opposed to sway bar removal because its my daily and I go through two roundabouts back to back to and from school and sometimes I like to go through rather fast :D. any ideas?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

wheel spacers......just a thought

Would longer end links give more clearance? Quick disconnects?

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=194211

maybe if you have the suspension lift, but not for me. that would just spread out the upper and lower control arms. I'm hitting the actual bar. I thing i'm gonna go with "above's" method. My buddy told me about spider trax off road spacers. They're a one piece. I'm contemplating between a one piece spacer and a solid spacer with longer studs. I know most spacers are not hubcentric, but apparently the spider trax are. plus side to the one piece is that there is less labor involved

i just bought 2 inch wheel spacers from ezaccessory.com and put them on my 98 sport they make the truck look great an the only problem i have with them is the front tires lean inward but most people dont go beyond 1.5 inches because it puts alot of stress on the studs but since mines 2wd on stock tires i should be alright and when you put them on drive about 30 miles or so to get them settled then take the tires back off and see if they need to be tightened

I might stray away from them now because my dad said they wear out the ball joints and hubs

Your dad says that wheel spacers wear out hubs and ball joints?

yeah plus Ive read other sources that said the same thing

Back