iOS 7? How's it with MFT | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

iOS 7? How's it with MFT

This was interesting for me too, I am running the latest beta as a dev but my other unit is running stock and that isn't working either, very strange

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Anyone else have any thoughts on this. As I said for me both regular/stock ios 7 and beta (7.1b4) have this issue

Thanks

Don't get a lot of text msg, while driving, but one did pop up yesterday, so it does work non stop for me. I have all the updates to both mft and iOS, but running a iPhone 4, maybe that has something to do with it.

Ive never seen a text come up... Neither has my wife. 5S and 5C 5S is Jailbroke 5C completely stock and the primary device in the vehicle. I find the whole hands free thing annoying though I just with iTunes Radio and MFT would work a little better together.

Question regarding iMessage. On my phone running 7 I have bluetooth 'show notifications' on but never see iMessage notifications 'ping' the MFT. Anyone else seeing this or is it strictly limited to plain old fashioned and frickin expensive text messages sent over SMS ?

Thanks

WC

When it was working correctly iMessage worked same as text, its the other aftermarket text programs like WhatsApp that aren't recognized by MFT

mine started working last week after 1 year: ios7.0.4 & ip5...........

So what was the trick ? :) New phone, upgraded to 7.0.4 ?

Thanks

WC

QUOTE=trysixty;3254472]mine started working last week after 1 year: ios7.0.4 & ip5...........[/QUOTE]

iOS 7.0.4 has been around a while, during its release mine worked well then all of a sudden recently, nothing.

Hoping for positive change with iOS7.1 end of Feb beginning of March.

iOS 7.0.4 has been around a while, during its release mine worked well then all of a sudden recently, nothing.

Hoping for positive change with iOS7.1 end of Feb beginning of March.

I have to admit that mine has stopped working as well, Apple must have pushed something without letting anyone know that it was being installed. Too strange that everyone's has suddenly stopped working.

Anyone on iOS 7.0.4 or 7.0.5 (iPhone 5c & 5s only)having text or iMessages coming through yet?

My iPhone 5 with iOS 7.0.4 is still not working.

So what was the trick ? :) New phone, upgraded to 7.0.4 ?
Thanks
WC/QUOTE]

i really don't know why, except i did pull the sim card about five times in frustration over the pos ford nav system..........i'm hoping that the nav system that shows me driving in the ocean most of the time will fix itself by year two or three ( right rebecca?? your working on it right, yea sure)

Try this:

1) Delete your phone from the car. Delete Sync from your phone. Wait a minute to make sure everything clears.

2) Turn the phone off and on again. You don't need to reboot the phone but make sure it is physically off and then on (not just lock and unlock). Turn the car off and then on again.

3) Pair your phone fresh w/MFT. Let it do its thing (phonebook loading, voicemail #, 911 assist, etc.).

4) On your phone, turn BT off. Turn it on again.

5) Hit "connect" on the MFT screen to reconnect BT.

6) Go into the settings screen for Sync. You should now see "Show Notifications".

7) Set Notifications to "On".

8) Back up a screen on the phone and turn BT off again. Turn it back on.

9) Hit "connect" on the MFT screen again to reconnect to BT.

Have someone send a test message.

I have to admit that mine has stopped working as well, Apple must have pushed something without letting anyone know that it was being installed. Too strange that everyone's has suddenly stopped working.

Mine has been working fine without issue. iOS 7.0.4 on iPhone 5 32GB

The car reading messages was great when we took our kids to Disneyland and made arrival "announcements" over the speakers.

Mine has been working fine without issue. iOS 7.0.4 on iPhone 5 32GB

The car reading messages was great when we took our kids to Disneyland and made arrival "announcements" over the speakers.

Yes iPhone 5 works. Sgt was asking about 5c or 5s.......

He also stated that his iPhone 5 was not working and vfral1 said that everyone's messaging had stopped working due to a possible unannounced update.
Just pointing out that mine "survived" the recent changes on both sides.

Yes, I did get mine working again with the iPhone 4. So, it's just plain flaky.

Now have 5s and it works with it as well.

He also stated that his iPhone 5 was not working and vfral1 said that everyone's messaging had stopped working due to a possible unannounced update.
Just pointing out that mine "survived" the recent changes on both sides.

Yes I was more interested in why my iPhone 5 stopped but in troubleshooting that I saw a recent update pushed out by Apple to only 5c and 5s phones so I was just curious if it affected this issue.

I'm going to try the complete Master Reset and then the unpair/pair saga.

So tired of this.

Interesting I did the latest iOS 7.0.6 update the other day and now I have messaging through MFT again.

The release notes just said SSL Connection Verification Security update unless I missed something.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back