• Register Today It's free!

AZmom

Reaction score
City, State
AZ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Sport
Hi Everyone,

I am new to your forum. I have a 2014 Explorer Limited in Sunset. I feel like I am a walking Ford commercial as I traded my 2011 Honda in on my Explorer. I didn't like my Honda after they reset the computer and my mileage went from 32-12. So today I am much happier, I am getting 22 MPG and after I figure out my ride's "sweet" spot I will be even happier.

My husband surprised me with stating it was time to trade the car in before I blew it up. (Good thing dynamite isn't sold on the corner) ;) So between his 2013 F150 Crewcab and my Explorer we are truly a happy Ford family. We convinced mom in law to trade her Dodge 3/4 ton diesel for a Ford (2013) she too is happy. Next purchase for us is the 2015 Mustang and we are all set for any environment.

I have been looking to see who has done what to their Explorer's so I will be cruising all over.

So howdy everyone!

Jen

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the forum.....Im in Goodyear AZ part of the year.....I will be the all black SPORT with BC plates ripping along the 10 West to Ahwatukee all the time.

Oh Ya watch out for the AZ DPS Highway Patrol dark blue Interceptor Utility cruising the 10 West, almost got me last time was down.

I have a get out of jail free card, but I tend to obey the law for the most part. :) I like to open up the car but I also like to make sure there is someone the officers will like to pick off first. ;)

Thanks for the heads up- I take the San Tan freeway and the 10 most of the time...I am an east sider. Enjoy the weather before it gets hot!

Hi Everyone,

I am new to your forum. I have a 2014 Explorer Limited in Sunset. I feel like I am a walking Ford commercial as I traded my 2011 Honda in on my Explorer. I didn't like my Honda after they reset the computer and my mileage went from 32-12. So today I am much happier, I am getting 22 MPG and after I figure out my ride's "sweet" spot I will be even happier.

My husband surprised me with stating it was time to trade the car in before I blew it up. (Good thing dynamite isn't sold on the corner) ;) So between his 2013 F150 Crewcab and my Explorer we are truly a happy Ford family. We convinced mom in law to trade her Dodge 3/4 ton diesel for a Ford (2013) she too is happy. Next purchase for us is the 2015 Mustang and we are all set for any environment.

I have been looking to see who has done what to their Explorer's so I will be cruising all over.

So howdy everyone!

Jen
Welcome to the Forum AZmom.:wavey:
If you're looking to see what members have done to their Explorers, the best place would be in the 'Modified' forum. Glad to hear that you really are pleased with the vehicle. I have a 2011 Limited and couldn't be happier with it. I think you are the first one here with the Sunset Ex. Would love to see some pictures. Check out the New Member Forum stickies to see how to post them.
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25
Enjoy, and happy motoring Jen.:):thumbsup:

Peter

I have to say I LOVE the color. As it looks maroon or almost Ruby red in the shade but in the direct sunlight it looks copper. So it has this effect that is so cool, much like me, more than meets the eye. :) Here in Arizona today there is some cloud cover, so after I am done with a few things, I am going to give my Explorer a bath. I will be more than happy to post some pictures for you. I will hope that you can see the effect that caused me to choose the Sunset because that is truly what made me choose the Limited like the hubby wanted and not a Sport.

welcome to the forum Jen, like Peter said, check out the modified section, you will find lots of ideas for your new toy. It's a nice vehicle, you'll enjoy it, especially once you really made it your own!

Welcome

look in the sub forum for your model for options on almost anything,

I have a get out of jail free card, but I tend to obey the law for the most part. :) I like to open up the car but I also like to make sure there is someone the officers will like to pick off first. ;)

Thanks for the heads up- I take the San Tan freeway and the 10 most of the time...I am an east sider. Enjoy the weather before it gets hot!

Welcome! Now on to the important stuff... Where exactly do I get one of those cards;)

I made it from Vegas to the OC in 2hrs 42min last weekend, 95-105 most of the way so I need one

Welcome! Now on to the important stuff... Where exactly do I get one of those cards;)

I made it from Vegas to the OC in 2hrs 42min last weekend, 95-105 most of the way so I need one

You have to pass the tests first, then spend 6 months or more in the Academy. ;)

I just purchased a 2014 Limited in Sunset and have to wait to pick it up in April. I have been living overseas for the past 3 1/2 years and in that time I have only seen two explorers in person, non of them the sunset. It seems hard to figure out the color but I liked the uniqueness of it. Does it look really orange at times? I would also appreciate some pictures. Thanks for posting! On a side note, I passed the test, did the academy, worked for 4 years, then moved overseas so unfortunately my get out of jail free card has expired...crap!

I will take photos, I washed it on Sunday and went to go get dinner as someone mistook it for their own and tried to break into it...funny part I was in the vehicle too.

Last night was too dark to take decent photos to demonstrate the copper-so aiming for tonight...fingers crossed.

Sorry about the links...but both photos taken before the sun had risen

Looks great but don't make too many mods. CDN_Explorer will be all over you with negative comments. Apparently all explorers have to conform to his liking. If you post pics you're fair game I've been told. Just a heads up, enjoy!

Sorry about the links...but both photos taken before the sun had risen
Looks good. One nice thing is that you can see contrast between the part in the early sun light and the parts that are not.
I saw an Escape in this colour at the dealership in October and found that the more you looked at it the more the colour seemed to 'grow on you'. Very nice Explorer.

Peter

Thank you. In the mid-day sun it looks copper and not so much blood orange. Regardless I traded in a dark grey Honda and well- I love it. Yesterday my co-worker wanted to see it, so I showed her, well she wants to trade her 2005 5 series BMW for one. So maybe we will have another converter? Who knows, she wanted to trade for the day and show her hubby- well that will not happen. LOL

Thank you. In the mid-day sun it looks copper and not so much blood orange. Regardless I traded in a dark grey Honda and well- I love it. Yesterday my co-worker wanted to see it, so I showed her, well she wants to trade her 2005 5 series BMW for one. So maybe we will have another converter? Who knows, she wanted to trade for the day and show her hubby- well that will not happen. LOL

Thanks for the pictures. I am even more excited now to pick up my EX in sunset!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I almost pulled the triger on a 2014 302a, but i had a 2008 cts cadillac in a very similar color they named it hot lava, so i went with the tuxedo blk because i never had a black car i love it high maint but i'm very **** with my cars i bought special wax, clay bar, wash rags and drying rags etc... From chemicalguys.com; also my car is always in a garage. So any ways enjoy your sunset or as a sailor will say off to the sunset...!

Back