• Register Today It's free!

Body lift

danielhrdy17

Reaction score
City, State
Kingwood, WV
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Ford Explorer XLT
So I am going to get quickLift struts for my 2002 ford explorer xlt. I also want a 2 inch body lift but can't find any kits online. Any ideas?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

There's a sticky at the top of this forum on how to make and install a 1.5" BL. There's also a 3" BL kit but it requires a bit more work.

I've decided I'm going with quickLift suspension. And also strut spacers. I've done some digging through the forum and I can't find anything on my next question. Would I need to get extended A arms and cv axles for the quickLifts?

It will put some extra stress on them, yes, but I don't think you'll need anything with just the quicklifts. If you're going to run QuickLifts + spacers you'll probably need some BTF upper control arms. Brandon from BTF actually recommended I use spacers + 1.5" BL instead of the quicklifts because of the extreme angles the quicklifts + spacers would create.

That being said, I ordered the spacers and upper control arms and have to buy some new strut assemblies pretty soon here too. I've been thinking about spending the extra $200 on Rancho QuickLift struts ($750) vs Monroe ($500-550) so I don't have to spend all weekend trying to put the BL on but I'm not sure it's a viable option. I know this forum member was running Rancho Quicklifts + Spacers but I don't know about those angles:

image-6.jpg

Lift

The problem with a body lift is that I can't find a kit anywhere. Is ther a link you could post or a brand I should look for.

Read the stickies at the top of this forum. It's a ranger body lift that fits our explorers with a little modification.

The problem with a body lift is that I can't find a kit anywhere. Is ther a link you could post or a brand I should look for.

hey mate, I have a 2 inch lift with rancho quicklifts. I just bought some 2 inch round blocks of steel with the right size hole drilled through it.Might be alloy. i have not had to change anything with this lift and have not had any dramas at all.Its still very high and tough looking, with out having to change control arms etc. Have just put in all new ball joints so will see if the lift damages these over time.I have a telescopic steering arm so not sure if yours is the same as ive read on here that some people have had issues with steering and have had to change theirs to telescopic. its a great job doing the lift, worth it but a bit of work. so be patient.there is a full write up on here somewhere and that is what i followed and perfect result.i have just given my black beast a full re birth eg. engine out and all new timing chains and bits and pieces (big job) transmission fully rebuilt, all new rotors pads, ball joints, control arm rubbers, new roof rack with 5 hela black magic spotlights, just waiting for black rims from the states and going to run 285 70 r16 . custom bull bar to come .any way, go the 2 inch looks tough without being to damaging to your truck. cheers from oz

hey mate, I have a 2 inch lift with rancho quicklifts. I just bought some 2 inch round blocks of steel with the right size hole drilled through it.Might be alloy. i have not had to change anything with this lift and have not had any dramas at all.Its still very high and tough looking, with out having to change control arms etc. Have just put in all new ball joints so will see if the lift damages these over time.I have a telescopic steering arm so not sure if yours is the same as ive read on here that some people have had issues with steering and have had to change theirs to telescopic. its a great job doing the lift, worth it but a bit of work. so be patient.there is a full write up on here somewhere and that is what i followed and perfect result.i have just given my black beast a full re birth eg. engine out and all new timing chains and bits and pieces (big job) transmission fully rebuilt, all new rotors pads, ball joints, control arm rubbers, new roof rack with 5 hela black magic spotlights, just waiting for black rims from the states and going to run 285 70 r16 . custom bull bar to come .any way, go the 2 inch looks tough without being to damaging to your truck. cheers from oz

Hey thanks for the reply. I'm going higher than 2. I'm doing the rancho quickLift struts and a 2 inch body. So about 4 inches of lift. I found a write up that showed them using a 98-01 ranger body lift that works with a few modifications. Modifications are I have to elongate the holes on the new front bumper bracket. I have to make my own rear bumper bracket. The kit comes with a steering arm extension that works it just needs trimmed a bit. The new body mounts on the ex are threaded and have to be drilled out. And I'd want to move my hitch receiver back up against the body. All of that I am capable of doing I just need the time. I'm excited and there will be pictures of it when I start. I'll do a before and after post.

Back