brake lights stuck on...help? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

brake lights stuck on...help?

2002v8

Reaction score
City, State
Palmerston north
Year, Model & Trim Level
for some strange reason the brake lights are stuck on in my vehicle, i thought it may be the pedal so pulled that forward and they still stayed on, i have tried disconnecting the battery and it still wont go off, the worst part is that they stay on even when the vehicle is off.... any ideas?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

for some strange reason the brake lights are stuck on in my vehicle, i thought it may be the pedal so pulled that forward and they still stayed on, i have tried disconnecting the battery and it still wont go off, the worst part is that they stay on even when the vehicle is off.... any ideas?

Did you still have the engine running when you disconnected the battery? That is like saying that a table lamp stays on after you unplug it.

If the brake lights stay on (assuming battery is still attached) first check the switch at the brake pedal by removing one of the wires.

Did you still have the engine running when you disconnected the battery? That is like saying that a table lamp stays on after you unplug it.

If the brake lights stay on (assuming battery is still attached) first check the switch at the brake pedal by removing one of the wires.

yeah sorry worded that wrong, what i meant is that i disconnected the battery and reconnected it and they still came back on

found the problem, gave the sensor a wiggle and it came right, cheers guys

If it stuck once it will probably stick again. Keep an eye on it and be prepared to replace it. Parts do wear out.

Back