• Register Today It's free!

Car doesn't ride smooth need help

ExploreDzNutz

Reaction score
City, State
Pennsylvania
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 XLT V8
Hello I'm new to the forum. I been glancing around for a while now and just decided to register. I'm also new to the 4x4 game.

I have a 03 Ex V8 XLT it doesn't ride smooth as I want it.

<Fixed First and formost the car feels like I'm going over multiple bumps at a time even tho I'm on smoove road. I was starting to guess that the tires bad or out of balance. Is there any other thing I could check. Fixed>

Second would be the cluck that I get when I shift between gears like Park, Drive, Rev. It aslo happens sometime when I let off and on the pedal and when full 4x4 kicks in. Is there anywAy I can find the soure to this problem.

Third a clutch chatter sound like is coming from the tranny case. It could be torque converter or flex plate or both. is there aftermarket TC or FP for our ex's

Middle seat second row won't stay up. How to fix it

Well I seem to save the problem with the whining nosie, It was my tires. I purchase new ones yesterday. It feels a lot smoother. But now I have to tackle to more problems.

Hello I'm new to the forum. I been glancing around for a while now and just decided to register. I'm also new to the 4x4 game.

I have a 03 Ex V8 XLT it doesn't ride smooth as I want it.

<Fixed First and formost the car feels like I'm going over multiple bumps at a time even tho I'm on smoove road. I was starting to guess that the tires bad or out of balance. Is there any other thing I could check. Fixed>

Second would be the cluck that I get when I shift between gears like Park, Drive, Rev. It aslo happens sometime when I let off and on the pedal and when full 4x4 kicks in. Is there anywAy I can find the soure to this problem.

Third a clutch chatter sound like is coming from the tranny case. It could be torque converter or flex plate or both. is there aftermarket TC or FP for our ex's

Middle seat second row won't stay up. How to fix it

I'd suggest you put each question on a separate thread and space them out a little. Anyway, for the rough ride I would assume you need new struts, or tires. Clunking noise when shifting between D and R is most likely worn u-joints or the CV joint. Clutch chatter, really that could be anything. I'd take it to a transmission shop and have a trained ear listen to it. They do have notoriously noisy torque converter clutches.

I'd suggest you put each question on a separate thread and space them out a little. Anyway, for the rough ride I would assume you need new struts, or tires. Clunking noise when shifting between D and R is most likely worn u-joints or the CV joint. Clutch chatter, really that could be anything. I'd take it to a transmission shop and have a trained ear listen to it. They do have notoriously noisy torque converter clutches.

Thank you, I was just making sure I was in the park with my assumptions.

Back