Reaction score
City, State
Westerly, RI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2018 F150 SuperCrew 4x4
...on your 2009?

If so, which one do you have?

Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Viper 4102v professionally installed in '06 V8 EB for $370. Price included having the heated seats turn on when remote started. That model is discontinued, but it's their basic LED 2-Way system.

I'm handy with a wrench and soldering iron, but there's no way I'd install one myself. Just not worth the couple hundred charged for labor and "Lifetime Installation Warranty". I trust the installer. If he had suggested a different brand, I'd have gone with his suggestion.

I installed the omegalink OL-RS-FO1 in my sisters 2007 explorer. Set up start using the oem fob. Omegalink has the programmable module so you dont need a bypass module and extra key. Programmed it with my lapptop. It also came with a custom t-harness.

I have the Viper 4203V Responder Two way. It starts with one button from a very long distance. Paid $350.00 professionaly installed. After pressing the button, a green light indicates that the signal was received by the vehicle and it starts. Very good system

I've had Audiovox Prestige APS996 on mine for over 10+ years. It has not failed me once. Getting it professionally installed is a must, however.

Yeah, I went to the best installer in town for mine and I love it. Unless you want to have about 8 hours of fun, have it professionally installed.

Use to work in car audio, installed many a deck/speaker/sub/amp...you get the picture. Installed quite a few alarms as well, and let me tell ya...I won't install my own now ;-)

It's just a pita, Viper/Python/Sidewinder/Valet are all DEI products and a good product at that so I'd stick with one offered through DEI. Lifetime warranty and such is hard to beat.

Thanks for the replies guys...are the Ford ones crap? I asked a couple guys I know at two different dealers, and they both said to go aftermarket.

Any factory system on a standard vehicle isn't going to have the customization of an aftermarket option. If all you're looking for is a keyless entry system with a passive "anti theft" option factory works. If you want break glass sensors, shock sensors, accessory triggers, remote start, two way pager, long range...go aftermarket.

I have the Viper 4704v professionally installed in my 2006. I paid around the $350 mark for installation. I might get the AUX functions programmed for the rear defroster and heated seats. Hasn't given me any issues at all and has a great range.

I had the Viper 4103 installed last week by a shop that I deal with at work, Sound FX. The manager Mark gave me a pretty good deal, $241.76 out the door. So far, so good. They are really good guys there, and did a nice, clean install.

Great, the 4103 is a good reliable unit. Glad you got it worked out.

Back