Adding / Removing Dash Trim | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Adding / Removing Dash Trim

No, I never did find a way to swap them out.

...but if I do, I'll give you my wood ones!

Sounds like we should just do the switch! My aluminum ones for your wood trimmed ones! Haha! Looking into vinyl as a lot of people suggested above. Not sure... Have you tried to take them off? I've sort of just pried a bit and they seem like they are extremely tight in their places! This is the trim that runs across the top of the glove box and follows along the door about a foot and half.

how to remove interior wood trim

Hey guys want to wrap the interior wood trim but want to know if anyone has tried or has taken off the trim. If so how difficult was it. Let me know. Thanks

So the trim is permanently snapped on to the door. It has melted plastic pieces that melt from the back to keep them in place. I did wrap mine in vinyl wood to
Just see what it would look like. I love the way the trim looked on the glove box wrapped, but the door panels, because they are curvy, didn't come out as I thought. I pulled mine off already. With heat they wrapped very well and was able to tuck the vinyl in around the edges of the piece. Like
I said though, the vinyl wood just a didn't look like I had imagined around those curvy pieces.

Back