mountaineer chop top. | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

mountaineer chop top.

Looks good, is it by chance the one that was at the river last weekend?

I was at canadian river sand drag weekend.

drove it to chicken creek with little trouble...did almost roll it in some quick sand..ha ha had the back tires off the river bed 4 feet and a cab full of water.
thank God I did the snorkel...ute lake opened and there was over 3 feet of water back there.

Good times.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I cut the top tabs off and mounted them thru the lights with pilot holes and sheet metal screws.
Now they pop in and out with ease.

thanks, I was wondering how you worked around that situation, great idea.

Ill post more pics in a week or so.

I have 35/12.50/15 Micky Thompson TTC Baja Claws and DC2 wheels in the mail.
Doing a BL and Torsion keys and a little fender trimming.

I have The tt and made some rear shackels and AAl done...Hope they fit.

Spent $2500 on this week..New black Grille and HID black back ground halo lights.. Pro comp fog lights and hood lights.

MT-CLAW-4.jpg

dc_dc2_mba_ci3_l.jpg

I was at canadian river sand drag weekend.

drove it to chicken creek with little trouble...did almost roll it in some quick sand..ha ha had the back tires off the river bed 4 feet and a cab full of water.
thank God I did the snorkel...ute lake opened and there was over 3 feet of water back there.

Good times.

That's what I thought, I have pics of it out there I haven't bin able to take my explorer out there yet but I still need a front drive for mine and adding another 2" of lift this weekend. I live in canyon, and a friend of Matt's.

I cut the top tabs off and mounted them thru the lights with pilot holes and sheet metal screws.
Now they pop in and out with ease.

sounds liek a good idea, but did you drill right through the plastic lenses? i would think that they woulc collect a lot of moisture as well as be pretty noticable since the stock screws are pretty big.. at least on the early 2nd gens and 2st gens they are, idk about after the newer second gen tail light design tho.

second gen mountaineer with "factory" headers..????

doesn't sound right to me.

got a pic of these headers...??

do you have a pic of the finished inside of the bed and the interior?

Sounds like you don't know your 2nd gens too me.

35/12.50/15's installed.
Still gotta do the BL this weekend.
Not bad till then.

Lift looks like it sux balls.

sounds liek a good idea, but did you drill right through the plastic lenses? i would think that they woulc collect a lot of moisture as well as be pretty noticable since the stock screws are pretty big.. at least on the early 2nd gens and 2st gens they are, idk about after the newer second gen tail light design tho.

44F4F489-CCB6-4F1F-A679-41B60740F05E.jpg

You drill where the plastic molding is sealed.
No water or moisture can get in.

Works great!
Right on the edge.

This little rig is comming together!

Installed a 98 x grill- black and some hid xenon lead lights.
Starting to look sick!

Looking good, bl isn't to bad or wasn't for me Matt and I did a 2" bl on mine over the weekend we used his lift to raise the body and placed 4 of the long bolts in first to keep the body lined up then once the blocks and bolts were in placed the blocks on the four remaining spots.

Looking good, bl isn't to bad or wasn't for me Matt and I did a 2" bl on mine over the weekend we used his lift to raise the body and placed 4 of the long bolts in first to keep the body lined up then once the blocks and bolts were in placed the blocks on the four remaining spots.

What are all the weld in pieces with the PA 883 kit?
I don't need half of what it came with,I have fabed front and rear bumpers.

That is a sick ride, I love it! 2 things, that I just got to know, can you still open the back window, and does the rear wiper work? regardless still a totally awesome one of a kind ride!!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

What are all the weld in pieces with the PA 883 kit?
I don't need half of what it came with,I have fabed front and rear bumpers.

I don't know about a 3" bl but I didn't have to weld anything with a 2" for the front bumper I just swapped the brackets around and bolted it back up I did have to clearance part of the bumper where the center of the frame sits. The rear I haven't done yet haven't had time, I'll get some pics of it with the lift and post them for you.

Back