• Register Today It's free!

Exhaust Options for the Sport

BtownB10

Reaction score
City, State
Northern VA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Explorer Sport
Is anyone aware of any catback options other than the Corsa and the Magnaflow for the Sport? I like how the Borla sounds on the SHO and the F-150 but when I spoke to them they said they had no intention of putting out a system for the Sport. My understanding is Stainless Works is supposed to be working on one but I haven't seen anything yet. I'm trying to avoid going the custom route $$$.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The general consensus on the sport I believe is that aftermarket exhaust don't offer much other than sound. The stock system is pretty good on the sport. If you are going for the sound then just the mufflers seems to be the route.

literally, i just emailed borla last night about making a catback for the ex sport since they made one for the f150,still no reply.

I have an excellent exhaust guy near me who builds headers for drag cars, excellent welding and fab skills. I'm gonna have in intstall some borla mufflers in place of the stock for just the deeper sound. I'll try and post a sound clip when done..

unfortunately may have to go that route...there is a well known custom guy here in VA also

that was also my idea,is to buy borla muffler(stinger) and get it welded.

Definitely interested to hear them...I've listened to every clip I can find for the SHO and the F-150 but even they sound different of course...for the F-150 I like the S-type and for the SHO I think this clip sounds good http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1yvDOAODMo

That does sound pretty good.... Sadly in general I haven't been too impressed with the sound of most of the options either, I understand that it's a V6 vs. what I'm used to (V8/5.0 pushrod) but come on I remember back in the day there were some great sounding Grand National turbo 6s. I don't like the rice sound at all....

Definitely interested to hear them...I've listened to every clip I can find for the SHO and the F-150 but even they sound different of course...for the F-150 I like the S-type and for the SHO I think this clip sounds good http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1yvDOAODMo

Exactly...it's a 6 cylinder not a 4...there are a ton of great sounding 6 cylinders...all the german 6's sound great...c'mon Ford!

I agree. Most of the German sixes sound good. My all time favorite is the VR6. I was looking for borla sound clips on YouTube and their mustang v6 sounds really good. Besides one being transverse/ 3.5 liters and the other 3.7/ longitudinal, wonder why so different?

I agree. Most of the German sixes sound good. My all time favorite is the VR6. I was looking for borla sound clips on YouTube and their mustang v6 sounds really good. Besides one being transverse/ 3.5 liters and the other 3.7/ longitudinal, wonder why so different?

You may be forgetting about those two funny little spinny things that our motor has to push the exhaust thru before traveling down the pipes.:D Turbochagres are notorious for chopping up the exhaust pulses and changing the sound dramatically. I also have a modded Grand National as well as a double handfull of other turbo cars. They ALL sound like doo doo compared to a nice Naturally aspirated six or V8. I get regular compliments on the sound of the exhaust in the 928S4' that thing makes mechanical music :yelexp:

Didn't forget about the turbos just didn't think they were disrupting it that much since the NA 3.5l doesn't sound very good either. B5 audi S4 is 2.7l twin turbo v6 and sounds great with an exhaust but then again is german.

I miss the old grand nationals. Those things were beasts back in the day. As for the Porsche, they all seem to sound very mechanical until you get high in he revs when the exhaust drowns it out. All good choices. I want to come hang out in your garage. Lol

I've seen two new exhaust videos for exhaust...one was MDesign and one was custom (brand?), are there any others out there I've missed?

I've seen two new exhaust videos for exhaust...one was MDesign and one was custom (brand?), are there any others out there I've missed?

Do you have a link to the MDesign?

It sounds pretty good.... I wish we had more options they a 1400 corsa cat-back.

Agree...I was disappointed when I talked to the folks at Borla that they would not be making a system for the Sport.

Does anyone have a clip of the Flowmasters welded in? I hear that it is questionable as to the sound however I have never been able to find a clip on YouTube. They sound great on the Ecoboost F150s.

Can anyone direct me to a clip on an SHO or an Explorer EX?

Thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Apples to Oranges, but on my previous Mustang, V6, I had two 14 inch Magnaflows welded in... Sounded great, not overbearing, and no drone in the cabin...

Back