• Register Today It's free!

Ford ambient Lighting Kit

Roberth78

Reaction score
City, State
Southern California
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Ford Explorer XLT
Ok, so I've done quite a bit of searching and haven't really found a straightforward answer in regards to the self install of the Ford Ambient lighting kit on 2014 XLT.

Based on everything i have read so far and can see from various sites, the kit only includes LED lighting in the front footwells and cup holder. The lights are actually color changeable via a push button and not MFT controlled.

I've seen the kits run anywhere from approximately $200-$275.

Question is, has anyone actually installed this kit themselves? if so, was it difficult? Trying not to go to dealer to have installed...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Was thinking of doing the same thing in my XLT, I check around also, but I am opting to have a ford dealership due it, but have not priced it out yet due the fact I still live in Germany and will be moving soon back or the states, gotta love the army.

Yeah, haven't checked dealer pricing yet either... I do like doing stuff myself but don't like when it ends up being more that I could take on! Haha...

Going to check dealer pricing this week and see what price they give. Not a must, so
If pricing is outrageous, then I'll just skip all together if there isn't anyone else that has done it yet to get a first hand experience in it... Not even sure it includes directions... I feel like I have seen them somewhere online though... Just any seem to find it anymore...

Ok, so I've done quite a bit of searching and haven't really found a straightforward answer in regards to the self install of the Ford Ambient lighting kit on 2014 XLT.

Based on everything i have read so far and can see from various sites, the kit only includes LED lighting in the front footwells and cup holder. The lights are actually color changeable via a push button and not MFT controlled.

I've seen the kits run anywhere from approximately $200-$275.

Question is, has anyone actually installed this kit themselves? if so, was it difficult? Trying not to go to dealer to have installed...
I have not read any posts where a member has installed this kit themselves. There is another thread on ambient lighting but the posters there had them dealer installed.
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=307783&highlight=ambient+light

Peter

That's the best price I have seen so far! Thanks for that link! So it seems like mostly it's been installed by dealers only. I saw on an f150 forum by doing a google search, someone did it as DIY. Probably need to check that out again and see if it all looks like it could be related to our cars...in terms of where things go...

Back