Hello Everyone, Explorer build front to back, few questions. | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Hello Everyone, Explorer build front to back, few questions.

FR-425..... This is awesome. Needed to find someone like you to discuss the trans part of my build. I knew there was something going on with the pressures between OD and D. Probably why my seal pushed out then... was pulling that trailer in OD. I will have to think about the drive reduction, though if my planetaries look good I may just keep them as they were done on the last rebuild. Good to know about the bracing too.... still not sure about going the E85 route, as it would be significantly more expensive.... i would need ARP head studs, injectors, fuel pump, possibly fuel lines, and the Sohc pistons. And I could ONLY run E85, which means longer trips would need to be planned accordingly as E85 stations get fewer as you head farther from ND. I sure appreciate your info dude, seriously, I'm learning a lot about the A4ld already.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

:salute:

Use it! Or else!

:splat:

SA128-z_zpsab976fe5.jpg

fr425-- Use the "salt away" for what?? Never heard of it.

To remove road salt from your rig. Keep it from rusting out.

Back