struttek struts, why do the rears lift? is a front spacer needed. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

struttek struts, why do the rears lift? is a front spacer needed.

conig

Reaction score
City, State
tallahassee fl.
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 v8 xlt.
I have been looking for struts for my 2004 xlt. I see people using strut tek but also talking about how they got 2 inches of lift in the rear. Why? Are there oldstruts that sagged? Or are the strut tecks longer then stock?

I welcome the lift but want to comeup with a plan using spacers if needed.

Thanks guys.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I always figured it was either the OEM springs being broken in places or sagging, so the new struts and springs raised it up. Or may be that the earlier strutteks that people installed had a higher spring rate than stock, but that may have changed. AFAIK the length of the struts themselves is the same.

^^^^ x2!!

I agree with Ronin!! :biggthump

I'm running the StrutTeks on all four corners and absolutely love them. :):thumbsup:

I replaced my broken rear springs and then did the front lift. She sits pretty level now...maybe just slightly higher in the front, with around 3" of lift. Love the stance. I went with 265/75 all-terrain tires, as well.

Bronco junkie what size spacer do you have?

I was going to run strutteks all around and a truxx spacer up front. Ill have the rear spacer incase I want to use it but the install doesnt seem worth it.

My x sits level I cant find any cracks in the springs. Or clearly messed up coils.

Bronco junkie what size spacer do you have?

I was going to run strutteks all around and a truxx spacer up front. Ill have the rear spacer incase I want to use it but the install doesnt seem worth it.

My x sits level I cant find any cracks in the springs. Or clearly messed up coils.

I believe mine are 2" BTF spacers, which will give you close to 3" due to angle geometry. I found one broken place on my rear drivers side spring. When I changed them, I found another broken spot on that one and 2 broken places on the passenger side. They were busted up pretty good and you could barely tell by just looking at it.

Back