• Register Today It's free!

Rear Door/window Air noise

ibmike

Reaction score
City, State
Mi
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 explorer sport
I have a 2014 Sport and the rear door has a kinds of wind noise, window/doors shut alinement is perfect But it sounds like the windows cracked a tiny bit or the door seals not sealing.
Everyone that been in my truck has asked if the windows cracked or if the door isn't shut all the way? WTF
Anyone else notice this in the Explorer? Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I just drove a lot of miles at freeway speeds and yes I thought the same, but I was guessing it was coming from upper drivers door or glass area.

Maybe your right its the rear door, just sounds like front door.

I just drove a lot of miles at freeway speeds and yes I thought the same, but I was guessing it was coming from upper drivers door or glass area.

Maybe your right its the rear door, just sounds like front door.

Im pretty sure its the rear door seal, and im kinda pissed off about it. I mean 50k truck should not have this problem im going to take it in to the Stealership i guess.
Was going to get a BMW X5 or a GMC Tahoe, but my pops retired from fords and liked the twin turbo motor but if this problem/ badly engineered dorr seal/window seal cant be fixed i wont have this thing long.

Im pretty sure its the rear door seal, and im kinda pissed off about it. I mean 50k truck should not have this problem im going to take it in to the Stealership i guess.
Was going to get a BMW X5 or a GMC Tahoe, but my pops retired from fords and liked the twin turbo motor but if this problem/ badly engineered dorr seal/window seal cant be fixed i wont have this thing long.

Let me know what you find out.

You see the all new 15 GM SUV's and trucks got recalled for fire hazard due to loose clamp on oil line may lead to fire hazard?

Happens to all of them.

http://gmauthority.com/blog/2014/03...il&utm_term=0_ee2a2d8e48-c7a256e915-225862241

geez....relax....it's under warranty take it to your dealer before getting all worked up about it....this could happen to ANY vehicle ($20K, $50K, $100K) just as sgt1411 stated. Sorry about your luck, but seriously, no need to get all bent out of shape over it. The sun will still shine tomorrow......

I have a 2014 Sport and the rear door has a kinds of wind noise, window/doors shut alinement is perfect But it sounds like the windows cracked a tiny bit or the door seals not sealing...

Time to bring your Explorer to the dealership, ibmike; I'm sure they'll be happy to help you out. Additionally, I'd like to get your regional customer service manager involved so they can assist. To get things moving in the right direction, PM me your full name, best daytime phone number, VIN, mileage, and servicing dealership.

Crystal

Flattened door seals,wind noise at higher speeds

Did you resolve the issues with the door seals? My explorer was bought in January 2014.

I drive a 2014 xlt, during a recent road trip we experienced wind noise. Upon close inspection of the seals of the front driver and rear passenger doors appear to be flattened in some areas.

The wind noise really turns me off,otherwise this car has definitely delivered far beyond expectations.Great vehicle

Front door flattened seal
photo%201.JPG

Front door normal seal
photo%203.JPG

Rear door flattened seal
photo%202.JPG

Rear door normal seal
photo%204.JPG

No i havent gotten to take it in yet, Crystal ^ did PM to get a hold of her so ill try that, My passenger rear window has never works from day one, its not even connect to the motor part, and all my windows are loose as hell and rock back and forth so im wondering if thats the air leaks.
Im going to try to get this taken care of next week, i hate driving my other car in the rain and its probably going to rain all next week,lol

bump! Wondering if you were able to get your windows fixed ibmike. Going in for service on the 11th of next month.

...Going in for service on the 11th of next month.

Keep us updated on how things go at the dealer, nole850. You've already been in touch with me via PM; you know how to reach me if my help is needed. :)

Crystal

Back