interceptor grille....new oem grille ? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

interceptor grille....new oem grille ?

I don't think that's his.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I fixed the links to the pics, I never realized when you move the photos in PhotoBucket they change the links in your posts.

You can get it here by sending PM to Levittown FordPartsSuperCenter

Do you know what the part number is?

yea not my truck, just a pic I found,

I was hoping to like the grill a little more on a white truck but im not sold on it ...

Hey Billy, any chance of turning your truck *into* the sun and shooting another pic or two;) I think I like it but my eyes cant see with the shadowing:D

That picture is of a Ford Engineering mule taken at Gratton Raceway in Grand Rapids Michigan. Michigan State Police do the second part of the annual vehicle test there. That why it has the stickers on the windows and the wheels.

Probably taken last September before production.

To me what that grill is missing is the Ford letters similar to the Raptor, it would look amazing, will photoshop that tonight

Little photoshop

Ok so i messed around a little with my grill idea, its not complete I figure the top and bottom under the ford should be open, whould you buy something like this, properly done of course?

jp5o.jpg
[/URL]

very cool but EcoBoost needs lots more air flow opening

The Sport does not have as aggressive of a look for that type of grill. I think it works for the Raptor since it plays great with the style of hood and other features.

If only the raptor were a bit cheaper I would have it over my Sport. Sure I would give up the rear space and some seating but it looks cool. HA HA

2014 EcoBoost Interceptor Utility Grille on a 3.7L Sterling Grey (NOT an Explorer Sport color) 2014 Police Interceptor Utility

1) Opening size has proper airflow for maximizing intercooler efficiency without overcooling of radiator in cold weather, which adversely effects emissions and efficiency.

2) Closed-off portion at top of grille reduces high speed drag / increases aerodynamic downforce, similar to NASCAR teams "taping off" grille intake area to increase downforce / aero efficency. It makes a difference on a vehicle capable of, and likely to be driven at, 131MPH.

3) 3.7L bumper cover has 1" bar behind grill opening, perfect for mounting parking, surveillance, or FLIR camera(s).

20140624UteFrontpx_zps71f9ef8e.jpg

20140624UteGrillepx_zps205318f4.jpg

20140624UteLSide_zps31d23ec6.jpg

Anyone have the part number or any additional pics of the ecoboost grille? I'm hoping that its not as expensive as the other grilles. I'm thinking of adding it to my silver base model Ex.

Thanks.

Anyone know of the part number for the new grille? The parts are available to search on fordparts.com, but I can't seem to find the right grille.

Here is what I found on fordparts.com;

Sport ; With Painted Grille - Style 2; Ebony part# 8200, $827.02

Base XLT Limited ; With Black Grille; Ebony part# 8200A, $519.20

Grille Police Version ; Black, part# 8200, $972.22 I think this is the one you want.

Peter

Part # 8200A seems a little short for a part number, no? I tried looking this up and couldn't find anything. It seems to be a speciality part, but I could be wrong. Any more ideas on where we could find this grille?

Police Interceptor Ecoboost Grille

Looking to see if anyone knows the part number or how to acquire this special grille. I'd love to change look up on my '13! I've seen a few posts but nothing firm on a source.

I can try to find a picture of the grille for reference if needed.

Thanks

2014/2015 Ford Police Interceptor Utility ECOBOOST (3.5L Twin turbo) grille - EB5Z-8200-AA

Why, thank you!

frdexpinterdeccc.png

I have one and I cut out three holes for the ram air box effect.

IMG_3960.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Will the 2016 grill fit a 2014?

Back