• Register Today It's free!

Lost, and Wife is NOT happy......

RacinRay

Reaction score
City, State
Tower,Michigan
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 ford explorer
My 2004 Explorer had a fuel filter so plugged, you could not force air thru it, once changed it also killed the fuel pump, so we have fuel pressure to the injectors, but a combo problem hit me now....no spark and no fuel going thru the injectors...we have scanned the truck with (3 ) different scanners, MAC, SNAP ON u name it...NOTHIN no codes kicked out, so now I am at a total loss of what the hell happened...can someone please give me a answer, we are all completely confounded at this...Wife's truck, been down over a week now, we all know the simple facts, if the little lady is not happy NO ONE IS!!!! pls help a bother out...Ray

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ok so fuel filter was so clogged it killed the pump and after replacing both the fuel injectors don't squirt and the plugs don't fire?
What clogged the filter? Sugar or something? Maybe whatever it was got through the filter, clogged the injectors and plugs got damaged from running lean or from whatever substance got through. Have you checked all the plugs? What do they look like? Have you tried cleaning the injectors?

Seems very odd that you lost spark over a filter and pump replacement.

I had to replace my fuel pump last year. I proved I had spark by using starting fluid. I gave it a few squirts and she would would fire so I knew I only had a fuel supply issue.

You may want to try that just to confirm there is no spark.

Could the fuel inertia switch have tripped and turned off? In my Sport Trac the switch is basically on the firewall inside the cab underneath the glove box. There is a button on the top of it you can press to reset.

On the passenger side the plastic panel in front of passenger door should have some sort of fuel pump reset symbol and you should see a red button, press that as thats the fuel pump reset feature on Ford trucks.

Why would the interia switch be randomly tripped....

Why would the interia switch be randomly tripped....

Colintrax. on my '05 Sport Trac the inertia switch tripped twice randomly. No bumps, no accidents, it just tripped. After the second time I replaced it and no more issues. I can't explain the why, but this is what happened to me.. And the incidents of it tripping were about 6 months apart. :scratch:

had a kid riding with me and his fat foot found its way up there and tripped mine

Possibly a problem where the key (security chip) has lost its pair with the ignition? I'm pretty sure it will still turn over with a bad key. I have a regular key for mine, just in case we lock the keys up and forget the keypad code (or it stops working for some reason). This is how i know it will still turn over. A locksmith can fix it, if that's what's going on. This would be likely to happen if you have had the battery disconnected for a long time, according to another thread I followed recently.

I'm not sure if this problem would create both a no- spark issue AND a no - fuel issue, but I thought I would bring it up. Just offering up a suggestion here.

Back