Ford Explorer 2012 A-Pillar ( cut ) ?!!! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ford Explorer 2012 A-Pillar ( cut ) ?!!!

sultanus

Reaction score
City, State
RIYADH
Year, Model & Trim Level
Explorer 2012
I have ford explorer 2012 ( 40389 Mi ) , last thursday a left A-pillar was cut by no reason when i drove my car to my house .. i went to workshop and change it .. ( cost me almost $ 200 ) today i have the same issue on right side

the car almost new .. !!

I hate ford explorer , i can't stand anymore ..

left side

71eee58aa81f927.png

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You really had me concerned by reading your title! This isn't a cut 'A' pillar but it looks like a rubber gasket or seal. Not sure how it could come loose like that.
Are you out of warranty so that you had to pay for this? Did you have prior work done on the 'A' pillars?

Peter

Shouldn't a 2012 be covered by warranty and the A Pillar TSB that was out?

He lives in Saudi Arabia where it gets insanely hot, probably a climate issue that is causing the seals adhesive to either fail or get pushed out through expansion.

Definitely the heat.

He lives in Saudi Arabia where it gets insanely hot, probably a climate issue that is causing the seals adhesive to either fail or get pushed out through expansion.

Ding..ding..ding. Same thing happens to the expansion joints in roads in the US during the summer. The heat pushes out the tar used to seal the seams.

I've been to the sandbox a few times back when I used to be a helicopter flight engineer in the USAF. It's an unforgiving environment for all machinery!

Wonder why it isn't covered under warranty? Is the Ford of Saudi Arabia warranty that different from U.S. warranties?

Or did you take it to an authorized Ford dealer?

Certainly looks like a heat related fail.

Wonder why it isn't covered under warranty? Is the Ford of Saudi Arabia warranty that different from U.S. warranties?

Or did you take it to an authorized Ford dealer?

Certainly looks like a heat related fail.

He has 40K plus miles on the vehicle. Out of warranty.

after i talked to the local dealer and showed them the pictures of both sides .. they accepted to fix it under the warranty .. maybe this is kind of them , maybe they talked to Ford CO in USA .. i don't know .. but the most important thing to me ( they fixed my car this time ) .. :)

if you notice a gap between the gasket and windshield take your car to the dealer .. especially if your car still under the warranty ...

thank you guys ..

the warranty in SA is up to 37282 mi ..

My A pillar is cracked. The black plastic cover. Is this covered by Ford?

Depends, your dealer will have to take pictures and submit to Ford. They will probably come back saying that something hit it causing it to crack. Just my $0.02.. but worth a try.

Depends, your dealer will have to take pictures and submit to Ford. They will probably come back saying that something hit it causing it to crack. Just my $0.02.. but worth a try.

Definitely worth a try! Just wondering how much they would charge to fix it. It's just a piece of plastic lol

Definitely worth a try! Just wondering how much they would charge to fix it. It's just a piece of plastic lol
When/if they change that plastic part, make sure that they also install new plastic clips to hold it in place. In earlier replacements for the 'A' pillar noise, some of the clips broke and when they put the new plastic part back on, some flew off going down the highway. Ford then included the clips with the plastic part.

Peter

When/if they change that plastic part, make sure that they also install new plastic clips to hold it in place. In earlier replacements for the 'A' pillar noise, some of the clips broke and when they put the new plastic part back on, some flew off going down the highway. Ford then included the clips with the plastic part.

Peter

Thanks for the info Peter!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Just picked up this part. Now im wondering if I should do it myself or take it to the shop.... Anyone try this themselves. ....any tips would be appreciated!

Back