New '14 Sport delivered with creases in hood | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New '14 Sport delivered with creases in hood

ltdjp

Reaction score
City, State
Springfield, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'14 Explorer Sport
So I waxed and detailed my Ex-Sport yesterday indoors and during I noticed 3 creases and a high point in my hood. Keep in mind I picked up my Sport last Saturday on the 5th, and have only put ~100 miles on it. Has anyone else had their Explorer delivered with any creases in the body panels? I contacted my dealer.. they asked me to bring the vehicle by on Tuesday and they would open a claim. Has anyone had any experience with dealing with flaws after delivery of vehicle? I'd like to use the PDR guy my work uses, because he does a flawless job. I am hoping they don't have to paint and match another hood..

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looked at a new silver Limited that had repairs done to the rear pass door and front fender. They said they got it in from a dealer trade. I couldn't believe they never noticed it until I pointed it out. The body work was poorly done and Silver is very difficult to match unless you blend a large area, getting the metalflake to lay the same with the same consistency takes talent.

(didn't buy it)

My sport came with two minor indents on the rear hatch. The dealer (Galpin) has their own custom body shop (GAS), so they sent it over and had the it smoothed and repainted. It's pretty common for minor body damage during transport, dealers usually have them fixed before anyone ever has a chance to look at the vehicle.

It also came w/ some scuffing on one of the wheels so they replaced that at the same time.

I will be quite discouraged if they have to paint and match a hood.. they could easily be PDR'd

I will be quite discouraged if they have to paint and match a hood.. they could easily be PDR'd

My understanding is that any aluminum panel is difficult to PDR. Not impossible but very difficult.

...I contacted my dealer.. they asked me to bring the vehicle by on Tuesday and they would open a claim...

Keep us posted on how things go on Tuesday, ltdjp. I'd like to get your regional customer service manager involved, too; PM me your full name, best daytime phone number, VIN, mileage, and servicing dealership. I'll bring this to their attention.

Crystal

Thanks Crystal, will do.

As far as aluminum.. our shop has one of the best PDR guys in the country.. he pulls dents bigger than what I have out of Mercedes aluminum panels all the time. It's really a matter of Ford working with me on allowing me to utilize the PDR guy I want. Heck, he can most likely even go over to their dealership and do it.

The mustang I ordered (back in 2001) came in with the rear bumper all scratched up. Apparently a chain swung loose on the rail car. That was a PITA. Still can't explain why it was shipped with a broken A pillar trim piece though...

So I went to the dealer today, they told me they will have to order a new hood and possibly blend the fenders also.... argh. They will stand by everything and take care of it for me. But it is frustrating a car with ~300 miles on it needs new paint.

So I went to the dealer today, they told me they will have to order a new hood and possibly blend the fenders also.... argh. They will stand by everything and take care of it for me. But it is frustrating a car with ~300 miles on it needs new paint.

Thanks for keeping us posted, ltdjp; it sounds like you're in good hands. If you need any additional assistance from me, I'm always just a PM away. :thumbsup:

Crystal

For sure, thank you Crystal! You have been a great help so far.

Back