New Aluminum Sport Pedals | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

I'm interested, I would still like to see the final product and pricing before committing to buy.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm in also when are we going to hear more about this

Wish I had more information on timing, but I'm doing all I can on my end. I have a couple emails out to the manufacturer, but haven't heard back in a couple weeks. I will be calling them by the end of the week if I don't receive an email.

When I initially researched Autovation, the only negative feedback that I saw (repeatedly) was that it took them a very long time (2-3 weeks) to get orders out, and that communication was poor at best. I'm trying to stay patient with them, hopefully y'all can do the same!

~Brian

[MENTION=224542]pingbling23[/MENTION] - You can see the final product of similar pedals at Autovation.net. But these ones are newly designed specifically for the 5th gen Explorer. You can wait for people to order, install, and post pics... but you'd miss out on the group buy discount that way.

[MENTION=252087]Squarej[/MENTION] - I was told the group buy discount will be between 10 and 25%, saving about $5-20 off the basic model. don't quote me on it, but my best guess for the basic model would be ~$45 (+tax +USPS PM shipping).

Just to let you know, im still in :)

I'm in

[MENTION=248109]JimiJak[/MENTION] Unfortunately, I've not heard anything back. What's more, the emails I recently sent have been returned as undeliverable. I'm just conjecturing here... but at best their network is down... at worst they're out of business. I guess only time will tell.

I had seen those pedals from Performance just before I found Autovation. The pedals seem to be very similar (used the same pics in fact). Since the Performance pedals are [considerably] more expensive, I assumed that they were a retailer... with Autovation as the manufacturer.

Autovation doesn't have a direct phone number, only a fax #. Next step is to try and fax them if this last email doesn't get through. Believe me guys, I'm on top of this. I want these pedals just as much as y'all do. More info as I have it. Sit tight.

Performance pedals is the manufacturer of their pedals. Each pedal set is made to order and since I believe I am the first and or only person with them installed on my XSport, I can tell you this...
They are too quality and flawless fit. They look and function great..
I didn't think the price was bad considering anything I have seen under $100 was just crap quality...

What sucks about the expensive pedals that I just posted for all of you is that it does not include the brake pedal-just the dead foot pad. Dumb.

What sucks about the expensive pedals that I just posted for all of you is that it does not include the brake pedal-just the dead foot pad. Dumb.

Not sure what your talking about.
I own a set of billet pedals from performance pedals.
My set cam with the gas, brake, dead foot and E-brake pedal...
What r u talking about??

[MENTION=244754]Bigmoneycloser[/MENTION] - Do you have any pics?

Both companies' websites leave much to be desired, but I wasn't able to find any pics of pedals custom fit to the 5th gen Explorers. Performance lists an option for 2011-2014 Explorers, but it seems (from the pics) that they weren't *specifically* designed for it (with all 4 pedals included).

In any case, $120+ is too much to ask most people to pay for a high quality aluminum pedal set. Like I said before, I've had very nice sets on a couple past cars, and never paid more than $60. I'm sure the Performance pedals are nice, but there's a reason you're the only one with them! (ps. can I come swim in your penthouse pool? :D)

Autovation has been around since 2002, and I read a number of reviews on their other sets before deciding to contact them to make a set specific to the 5th gen Explorers. They appear to be the same high quality, at a normal price point. Let's just hope they're still in business! :eek:

Very nice. If Autovation doesn't work out... I may have to take this group buy over to Performance and see how much they'd move on their price point.

p.s. nice wheels ;). You're the only other person I've seen with those. Not to get too off-topic... but how'd you get away with a 10.5" width?

Very nice. If Autovation doesn't work out... I may have to take this group buy over to Performance and see how much they'd move on their price point.

p.s. nice wheels ;). You're the only other person I've seen with those. Not to get too off-topic... but how'd you get away with a 10.5" width?

They fit with no rubbing and no modifications...(truck is also lowered on H&R's)
The book will say no, but they play it safe... My wheel guy in jersey knows his ****....lol
Thanks

BMC, can you tell me how the pedals attach? Looks like the brake might slip over the metal part, but how do you attach the gas pedal?

Just now heard back from Autovation. They lost a hard drive and at the same time had their email spoofed. Should be able to resume normal business after this weekend.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

All the rubber is removed from the pedals and then the metal is drilled with template and new pedals are bolted directly to pedal for perfect fit and function.

Back