High Mileage SOHC's Explorers | Page 16 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

High Mileage SOHC's Explorers

I've got an 01 mountaineer, rebuilt tranny at 154k, used full synthetic whatever expensive filter since grandpa bought it new. I got it at 200k rebuilt the front end, and it currently has 254k it has the "rattle" for as long as i have had it, I don't rev it beyond 2krpm.

I am super paranoid of taking it on trips, but hey, you know what they say in the army #### it!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

213,000 on a '97 RWD. rebuilt motor and trans. runs good, no chain noise. we're hoping for at least another 50k.

Update:
224,000 now. 11,000 since April '14 with zero problems. Uses no oil and has no leaks.

182xxx on my '98 XLT 4x4. Bought her new.

Mine has 267xxx on odometer, runs well.

I did. Had the trans rebuilt, replaced the tranfer case, replaced the rearend, fixed the A/C and replaced the intake gaskets. Engine has never been apart. I bought it with 104,000 miles. Right now the fuel pump quit when i parked it. Great vehicle. I bought an 06 to replace it.

I did. Had the trans rebuilt, replaced the tranfer case, replaced the rearend, fixed the A/C and replaced the intake gaskets. Engine has never been apart. I bought it with 104,000 miles. Right now the fuel pump quit when i parked it. Great vehicle. I bought an 06 to replace it.

Thats seriously cool nice job man!

I have 206000 have not replaced anything but plugs & wires and thermostat. It does not leak a drop of any fluids at all, and run like a champ. No rattles. drinks fuel like a thirsty drunk, oh i did replace the front windshield 2 years ago. thats it.

My 99 Sport is at 472,128km's now. Nothing really done.brakes,alt,tires etc.Just passed the e-test perfect.Does not burn any oil between changes.Oil changed every 10,000km.I bought the truck with 128,000. Seriously that 4.0 is one sweet motor.
Getting ready to hook up the 3000lb boat for opener.Hope to get a 100km more,but who knows?

1997 V6 SOHC, bought with 182,000 Miles, Now has 183,000 Miles. I hope to get till 220,000 with no Problems before I sell it to get something new.

All I had to fix since I got it was Vaccume Leaks, made the car idle like crazy!!

99 sohc sport with 139xxx and counting. Drive the thing like i stole it and beat it to hell offroad. Gets treated like a princess in the garage in regards to maintenance though. The usual vacuum leaks and rocker panel rust and gonna need to install a new abs module before weather gets nasty down here in south east ohio but the sucker still runs strong despite the beatings it takes.

Mine's a '98 XLT with 183,500 on it. It's a Cash for Clunkers survivor. The original owner couldn't get a new car loan so he traded it with cash for a used F-250. His bad luck was my good fortune. It would have been a shame to crush it.

99 Mountaineer w/ 243,x.. and counting. The wife tried to talk me into trading her in during cash for clunkers, but I couldn't part with my mounty. She's still going!

181181 Ranger 1997

EXCELENTE PICKUP MUY BIEN, ME LLEVA A DONDE QUIERA!:salute:

400 k

1997 XLT SOHC four wheel drive. 401,xxxx miles!

Still running strong and still driving from Florida to Colorado for snowboarding. Some Balancer chain rattle, but runs good. Lots of help from these posts. Thanks!

254000 kilometers. 03 Sport 4x4
Runs amazing just hard shifts into 5th
All original except for the usual plugs rotors etc..

'98 sohc 149k. had it for years now.

eva leak sometime back and a new alternator was what it needed.

radiator stop leak and lucas power steering for the rack. it also needed a couple of brake lines since they rusted out

We hit 256,000 miles on our 2000 Limited, 4.0L SOHC 2WD. My daughter calls it 'Bye-bye'. Had to replace the A/C due to a frozen pulley bearing, intake manifold gaskets, and the radiator. Now the transmission is acting up with signs that it needs to be replaced/rebuilt. But, my daughter loves her 'Bye-bye', so we are saving for a replacement transmission.

lightbox

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

We hit 256,000 miles on our 2000 Limited, 4.0L SOHC 2WD. My daughter calls it 'Bye-bye'. Had to replace the A/C due to a frozen pulley bearing, intake manifold gaskets, and the radiator. Now the transmission is acting up with signs that it needs to be replaced/rebuilt. But, my daughter loves her 'Bye-bye', so we are saving for a replacement transmission.

lightbox
504km's on my 99 sport now,still running well.

Back