• Register Today It's free!

100,000 miles!

GSU4x4

Reaction score
City, State
Canton, GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'07 Sport Trac XLT
So I hit 100,000 miles this weekend in the ST! I hate that my mileage is climbing but I love driving it instead of the wife's car when we go out. I'm planning on getting the transmission flushed and filter changed but does anybody have any suggestions on anything else that should be replaced soon? I've already changed my spark plugs at 72k miles.

IMG_20140417_180827_382.png

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Congrats! I hit 100K in my '08 about two months ago.
Besides the tranny I would change the lube in the transfer case (Mobil 1 ATF is fine) and both axles. The rear axle is easy enough to do yourself if you want since the cover has a drain plug, just get a suction gun to fill it and remove the spare tire so you can stick the suction gun tube through a handy-dandy hole in the frame to the fill plug. The front axle has no drain and you will need to go to the Valvoline Quicky Lube and have them do it with their suction machine. The front axle takes 75w-90 or 80w-90, the rear takes 75w-140. The transfer case is easy to do yourself too with a suction gun to fill it. Just don't over-tighten the plugs because the case is aluminum. I have a Member Project how-to at www.MySportTrac.com.

Or just have the Valvoline Quicky Lube do everything.
On mine I have a shop flush the tranny and change the front axle every 50K and I change the transfer case and rear axle every 30K myself.

Cool, thanks for that info. I'll def have a look at that and see the best place around my house to get it done!

Nice!

*Whisper* I still haven't even hit 56k, but I've driven it basically across the US three times.

Nice!

*Whisper* I still haven't even hit 56k, but I've driven it basically across the US three times.

Must not go too far in the meantime. We've driven mine non-stop to Florida every year since it was new except last year (used the wife's new minivan) and took the Auto Train home. When I went to the last ST Meet in Louisville in 2010 that was in the middle of a period when I put 5000 miles on it in 5 weeks. :burnout:

Almost part of the club. Changed the oil this week at 98338.3.

Well I called the local Ford dealership to get a price on the work...
Transmission flush and filter change - $269.00
(Local shop wanted $250 without the filter change)
Differential fluid change - $150 per axle

Kinda expensive so I'm gonna keep calling around to some prices

The transmission fluid is good till 150,000 miles thats why it's so expensive its some synthetic fluid. I looked into changing it but only have 46,000 miles on my 08 after finding out how much I said I will wait.

The local garage that I use for state inspections and other stuff I can't do myself charges $129 to flush a tranny. :D

mine hit 109k I drive it everywhere plus I pull a 3500lb boat with no problem, I also had the transmission flushed last year @ 100,000 miles just to be sure it gets done. had it detailed inside and out yesterday, looks as good as when I bought it, now more miles to come later!!

Back