Yeaaa, I'm in! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Yeaaa, I'm in!

KS_Explorer

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 Explorer XLT 4WD
I have been trying to join this forum since late 2009. I have always gotten some sort of error message, or a message that the site was closed to new registrations, or was told that my email address was part of a domain that was known for sending spam. Today I tried again on a whim and here I am.

I feel like I have been watching some sort of reality show for the past few years and now I am getting the chance to meet the cast and have real conversations. I have seen so much happen here of the years that I wish I could have commented on and asked questions about, mods (lifts, swaps, upgrade), triumphs (designing new parts, discovering new ways to do things), fun (meetups, rallys, off road parties), losses (truck wrecked, or otherwise deemed not worth salvaging), and great losses (how I wish I could have had a chat with AlDive). Anyway I am here now and glad to be here.

I have owned my 1994 Explorer XLT 4WD since March of 2009. It had 135,000 miles on it then and has 297,000 on it now. I have done a lot of minor upgrades to it. Currently it is out of commission because a mechanic is telling me that I have a warped block. I am having trouble wrapping my head, no pun intended, around that concept. I just paid them a little over $2K to put new heads and gaskets on it a month ago and now one of the gaskets is blown again. I have another mechanic that thinks the first guys dropped a head on the gasket during installation. Anyway, all that is a topic for a different forum.

I am in KS and love to explorer countrysides and cities. Also, I am glad to be here and look forward to being a part of this community.

P.S. One more thing for those that understand: KD0FEG

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sorry you had such a hard time registering!

One of our moderators, Turdle, lives in KS. I just visited him out there last summer :D

Welcome to this forum! This is the first time that I've read a story like this from a new member. I wonder how the spammers get here without any difficulty. Anyway, we're glad that you're finally here. Thanks for being persistent to get here. Some people are shy, and afraid to ask questions so they never join, but like to read threads on the site.

Thanks guys. I haven't had trouble joining any other forums over the years. Anyway, I am glad it finally worked out. Now I just need to get my Explorer back on the road.

Back