Any news on if Ford will publish a new map card? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Any news on if Ford will publish a new map card?

Gatortailale

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Reston, VA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Sport
Things going good with v3.6.2 and the A4 map. But there have been several locations I have been too that have new roads or roads renamed. Anyone know if there will be a map update pushed any time soon?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Waze

Give WAZE a try on your smart phone. It offers a lot and along with GasBuddy you may not need the Sirus Travel Link. Save some $$$$.

A5 navigation sd

Hi everyone, I am wondering when will the a5 navigation be available? I have an explorer 2011 with mft 3.6.2 update. Thanks!

I saw the a5 sd on eBay. I am wondering when will it be available to us?

Hi everyone,

In the future, SD cards will be purchased through our map provider HERE at www.navigation.com; for now, they're available from your dealership. With that said, I have seen the eBay postings for an A5 SD card, but I don't suggest purchasing one. I'm checking into this for you and will let you know if what I find. :)

Rebecca

its a dead link Rebecca

It works now. thanks......Im guessing this means the next card is not going to be free.

I just received more information on this, everyone. You can order an A5 SD card via your dealership.

It works now. thanks......Im guessing this means the next card is not going to be free.

Yes, Sgt, your guess is correct. I don't have pricing information, but your dealer will.

Rebecca

I just received more information on this, everyone. You can order an A5 SD card via your dealership.

Yes, Sgt, your guess is correct. I don't have pricing information, but your dealer will.

Rebecca

What about for those who just bought their explorer this year (2014)?

This applies to anyone that has MyFord Touch and would like an A5 SD card for their navigation.

Rebecca

So, would that work for a Explorer that was purchased without Voice-activated Navigation?

This applies to anyone that has MyFord Touch and would like an A5 SD card for their navigation.

Rebecca

I just bought my 2014 less than two months ago and I'm expected to pay for current maps?

Let me fix your statement for you as it applies to me:
"This applies to anyone that has MyFord Touch and would like current maps for their navigation in their brand new vehicle."

Missing parts, body panel fitment issues, crappy dealership service, and now this. I can't wait to move on to another auto maker for my next SUV.

I understand the need to charge for new updates but if you purchased your vehicle in 2014 you should get the 2014 equivalent map software.

The card is sold at some dealers ranging from 125-200. Ebay had a few "guaranteed" authentic ones for $40. I picked up an ebay version since it comes with the ebay guarantee so I cant be out of $40

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Other than new geodata are there any differences in the Navigation GUI?

Back