Bad News No AppLink for (current) Explorers | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Bad News No AppLink for (current) Explorers

Sorry that post is over a year old, my memory doesn't work that far back.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sorry that post is over a year old, my memory doesn't work that far back.
Sorry, my mistake. I guess I wasn't paying attention as I scrolled up through the posts. Sigh...another senior's moment.

Peter

Ford to offer free SYNC AppLink upgrade to current owners this year.
Ford's in-car tech is currently installed in over one million vehicles already on the road and those offered the update will add another 3.4 million to that tally. Unfortunately, the company didn't offer a detailed list of eligible autos, leaving owners in suspense until SYNC AppLink download arrives in the coming months.

What's the good word on this?

This is referencing "Sync".. not "Sync with My Ford Touch".... My Ford Touch will not be getting AppLink. There are rumors that MFT might get a QNX update when that comes to fruition though. I doubt it however.

My sources say a QNX version is coming sooner then later, so far they haven't been wrong.

Since they no longer use the "SYNC powered by Microsoft" badging on the 15 models and if you notice the packaging on A5 SD Map card also doesn't have Microsoft on it anymore.

My sources say a QNX version is coming sooner then later, so far they haven't been wrong.

Since they no longer use the "SYNC powered by Microsoft" badging on the 15 models and if you notice the packaging on A5 SD Map card also doesn't have Microsoft on it anymore.

I'm not doubting the QNX version, I'm doubting the upgrade for previous MY explorers :)

I'm not doubting the QNX version, I'm doubting the upgrade for previous MY explorers :)

Im told we won't be left behind but I too am skeptical that we will realize all the future benefits of MFT Gen 3 on QNX.

Likely we will get reduced functionality compared to 16MY MFT.

Im told we won't be left behind but I too am skeptical that we will realize all the future benefits of MFT Gen 3 on QNX.

Likely we will get reduced functionality compared to 16MY MFT.

Very interesting. I wonder if that is why its taking so long to spin another update? The last update was August and previous updates were on a 6 month cycle, which would have been February of this year.

If they do push update to owners of 2011-14 then they do they need to make the owners like Sarg & several others on here beta testers so we don't experience the old days of updates and users left with issues prior to latest update. The 3.6.2 update finally solved most of the problems.

If they do push update to owners of 2011-14 then they do they need to make the owners like Sarg & several others on here beta testers so we don't experience the old days of updates and users left with issues prior to latest update. The 3.6.2 update finally solved most of the problems.
I don't know if you can truly 'Beta Test' the software since many of the issues raised seem to revolve around how a person is using it and what they have connected. I never had an issue with the MFT during the 3 years I had the Ex. Only thing ever connected via bluetooth was a quick messaging phone.

Peter

http://www.engadget.com/2014/01/03/ford-to-offer-free-sync-applink-update/

Ford certainly isn't waiting until hordes of tech journos land in the Nevada desert to start breaking its CES news. The auto maker will offer SYNC AppLink as a free upgrade this year to owners of 2010 and newer vehicles. The system allows drivers (and their passengers) to use iOS and Android apps like Spotify, NPR, TuneIn and many more via voice control, keeping more attention on the highway. Ford's in-car tech is currently installed in over one million vehicles already on the road and those offered the update will add another 3.4 million to that tally. Unfortunately, the company didn't offer a detailed list of eligible autos, leaving owners in suspense until SYNC AppLink download arrives in the coming months.

http://www.engadget.com/2014/01/03/ford-to-offer-free-sync-applink-update/

Ford certainly isn't waiting until hordes of tech journos land in the Nevada desert to start breaking its CES news. The auto maker will offer SYNC AppLink as a free upgrade this year to owners of 2010 and newer vehicles. The system allows drivers (and their passengers) to use iOS and Android apps like Spotify, NPR, TuneIn and many more via voice control, keeping more attention on the highway. Ford's in-car tech is currently installed in over one million vehicles already on the road and those offered the update will add another 3.4 million to that tally. Unfortunately, the company didn't offer a detailed list of eligible autos, leaving owners in suspense until SYNC AppLink download arrives in the coming months.
This was covered in the following thread. It still won't help us as it won't work with MFT.

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=399396&highlight=applink

Peter

Back