my offroad 2002 x with winch and snorkel setup | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

my offroad 2002 x with winch and snorkel setup

Looks good! Mine is angled a bit more which is why I had to cut the bracket.

imageyoye.jpg

As for water getting in through the doors, the best thing is to get out of the hole before it does :D

Didn't know it wouldn't start leaking immediately. That's pretty cool

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It was definitely useful when hurricane sandy came around!

Living in Florida it's nice to know I could drive around and get through puddles in a hurricane or tropical storm .

Living in Florida it's nice to know I could drive around and get through puddles in a hurricane or tropical storm .

This makes sense I guess I wasn't considering water splashing up to the intake level. Does it hurt performance though?

It does have a slight effect on performance due to the increased length of the intake but it's not terrible. I'm considering installing a large plug on my airbox that I can remove for normal driving to allow for more air then put back in when I need the snorkel.

Very cool except the winch setup. I could have used a snorkel on my 1500 Silverado once the water hit the fan blade it splashed right up into the air intake and it was over before it started in bumper high water.

PLEASE help me understand

you moved an albeit lower but covered air intake to a much longer travel rain and water scoop???

This doesnt take in the same volume of air at X rate of speed of air flow, you now have made a big ram rain air jet so that in Florida (as I am a native) when you have a lot of rain you now have a funnel and down hill flow system to get environmental water funneled down into your air box. You didn't seal wiring, vents, tranny, engine... anything with any sealer did you? - to make that the vehicle could possibly be submerged anyhow????

I don't get it. - - Now I had training when enlisted that my Humvee had a canvas roof so I can stand & drive when crossing five foot water because it had a snorkel intake and one way exhaust but an EX is not ten thousand pounds either

Please help tell me what is the benefit to a snorkel on and Explorer cause I would also think that with using regular plumbing plastics that if you went in the woods a low limb would rip it off no matter how much pvc glue you used?

Back