• Register Today It's free!

sway bars

Campoli

Reaction score
City, State
Dingmans Ferry PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 XLS
I've been going back and forth w the idea of disconnecting sway bars I need opinions on pros and con's I do tow a 18' trailer w it w quads and other things and go through woods and trails and haul fire wood in the back but also use it on longer trips when we need luggage and what not

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I've been going back and forth w the idea of disconnecting sway bars I need opinions on pros and con's I do tow a 18' trailer w it w quads and other things and go through woods and trails and haul fire wood in the back but also use it on longer trips when we need luggage and what not

Sounds to me like you will benefit more from keeping it.

Ugh I just want more flex when hit trails

Install disconnects.
I removed my rear one .
I`m thinking of putting disconnects on the front.

How do they handle on high way w/o them

Disconnect when you hit the trail, reconnect when you get back on the highway. Takes a couple minutes. Best of both worlds.
You can fab up the kind with pins to pull out, or just unbolt the two connecting bolts like I do. So easy!

Removing the rear one was noticeable on hard cornering but still very driveable . The front I`ll put disconnects .

So just remove my end links? Is that going to trash my bushings?

Back