coilover mount pics, | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

coilover mount pics,

I am pretty sure that load leveling or not , they are the same,, when adding the coilovers i added gussets to the upper factory mount the keep it from moving,,

i am sure the torsion bar bends a bit, but not enough to affect anything , the coilover is a completely different deal,, it works straight on the arms, that's just another bonus,, and why they are so much smoother,,

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I was thinking the front upper arm would be a bit beefier on the load levellers to compensate for the extra stress on that part.

How much of the smoothness of the coilover setup is due to being coils not bars and how much is due to having new and probably better quality shocks?

I am sure that being new and way better shocks helps.
the stock ones are okay .but not great,cause they are built to a minimum or maximum spec and not really setup for the weight quite as well,

coils are just more exact in the ratings than bars, so they are more linear in the transition of adjustment, as in more exact even as they are adjusted tighter has to help as well,

well, it seems the project to make mounts never happened, i got the stuff but never did much with them,
but another set of the RCD mounts became available off the forum here, and i purchased them,,

Attachments

• IMG_1026[1].jpg
    IMG_1026[1].jpg
    57 KB · Views: 536

^ I want one if anyone here is selling!!!

I'm definitely interested in doing this to my explorer. Did anyone else have any luck doing it? Where can I get my hands on a set of those mounts

How did this turn out, Any photos?

Where do I get these mounts?

well, it's been a long winter , and very cold,than add in the fact that it seems to rain all the time so far and not much happened so far,

but,, the nice weather is coming soon i hope, and i will get this going soon as that happens,,
i've been running alot of trails lately and could really use them ,,

If anyone has a set uninstalled I would love to have some measurements of the mounts - thickness, hole diameters, overall sizes, etc.

In my head I picture getting some angle iron and grinding/cutting it to shape.
Do the two bolts on the top of the bottom mount screw into the existing shock bolt holes?

If anyone has a set uninstalled I would love to have some measurements of the mounts - thickness, hole diameters, overall sizes, etc.

In my head I picture getting some angle iron and grinding/cutting it to shape.
Do the two bolts on the top of the bottom mount screw into the existing shock bolt holes?

the bolt holes on the top line up exactly with the stock shocks pin mount holes,
and than the back side of that mount has 2 bolt holes so you can bolt it to the existing hood sort of deal the shock fits in,,

Attachments

• IMG_1311[1].jpg
    IMG_1311[1].jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 414

I'm doing this conversion, and bought a bracket kit from this gentleman. They are top notch. Very good quality and include all the hardware you'll need. Just waiting on the funds for my coil overs and when the install is done I'll post pics. :thumbsup:

sweet,, post a couple here too,,

maybe we could make it a sort of coilover registry,,

Yeah, I will. I can't wait to order my coil overs and get this going.

I'm thinking about buying a set of those mounts for the sport i acquired a month ago. Only difference is I will be using the mounts for coilovers to lower the explorer. Im still on the fence for the green 4 door to coil over it or coilover it with dana 60 front and sterling 10.5 rear

Here are a few pics of the lower brackets installed on my new lower control arms. All ready to go in when the coil overs get here.
image_zpseb8e33f8.jpg

image_zpsf5429ddc.jpg

image_zpsa626fde5.jpg

Back