• Register Today It's free!

sun roof slider clips

sinergy

Reaction score
City, State
jersey
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 explorer
I have an 01 explorer sport. I just replace the headliner on the sun roof door. I had to remove the four bolts that hold the glass in, take the glass out pop the clip tabs from the slider track and pull it out from the top.(for those of you that don't know how to remove it;).) Anyway, even before I redid the fabric on it the door was sloppy. I found out after taking it out that one clip was broken on one side, and another was gone completely. Does anyone know where to find these clips? It's a pain when the door snags when I shut the sunroof :(. Any help is much appreciated.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I couldn't find it there

$_12.jpg

it kind of looks like this one, but this one is for a volkswagen. Instead of it having a screw hole, it has a bent tab that clips into a ridge in the panel.

When I need something like that what I do is just take a trip to the junk yard and rip it ouit of a salvaged Explorer, and while I'm at it, grab another handful of things to take home with me.

I'm definitely gonna have to make a trip then. I might as well get the wire loom sinker that goes into the intake manifold while I'm there too.

Back