What do you think of ford making the explorer in china ?? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What do you think of ford making the explorer in china ??

NEWPORTNJ

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 ST EXPLORER
ST.
We need the jobs here the explorer is a made in usa product...!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ford is already making the Explorer in Russia and Venezuela. It makes perfect sense to make a product where they plan to sell it. Not unlike Toyota and Honda in the US. It's a good move, and an enormous market.

Chinese Explorers are NOT slated to be exported back into the US. That's not the point of this venture.

182RG is correct. Those vehicles built in China are not for the North American market. Also, I believe there is a huge tax on imported vehicles in China so it makes sense to produce them locally. So what do I think? I think it is a very good move on Ford's part.:thumbsup:

Peter

corporate income tax

The maximum US corporate income tax rate is 35%. The max in Great Britain is only 20%. I don't know what it is in China. As long as taxes in the US remain higher than other countries, US corporations with international markets will continue to relocate to reduce income taxes, import taxes and labor costs.

The maximum US corporate income tax rate is 35%. The max in Great Britain is only 20%. I don't know what it is in China. As long as taxes in the US remain higher than other countries, US corporations with international markets will continue to relocate to reduce income taxes, import taxes and labor costs.

US has nothing on us for taxes.

In Canuckastan its 50%.....then after they take that 50%, they take another 5% on gas, and another 12% sales tax on everything else you buy.

So in reality we get taxed 67%

It's a similar move like Tesla's plan to build electric cars in China. Cheap labor, more profits.

Would you prefer ford not to make cars in china and let a japanese or german company get that market?

US taxes, unions, etc. make it impossible for USA to compete with whoever builds a plant in china.

Better ford builds a plant in china than some one else imo

I agree with dtr.

We have plenty of 'import' cars built here in the US from Toyota, Honda, VW, Kia and the list goes on.

Yep. Nature of the beast. Look how many BMW's roll out of that plant in SC.

I say it all comes out in the wash. We may lose car manufacturing jobs because we put plants from U.S. makes in other countries, but makes from other countries put plants here that provide jobs to make up for what is lost. Can't turn the clock back to the 1950's.

45% max in Germany!

The heck with china. I'd just like to see the Chicago plant get their act together on Quality Control on the Explorers they build right here....There track record is pretty poor in my book.....

US taxes, unions, etc. make it impossible for USA to compete with whoever builds a plant in china.

It's hard to compete with sweat shops and child labor.

I doubt it'll be like a sweat shop or have child labor. The only thing that would exist would be extremely cheap labor. This is the exact same reason they have F-series plants in Mexico near the U.S. border. Cheaper labor.

I doubt it'll be like a sweat shop or have child labor. The only thing that would exist would be extremely cheap labor. This is the exact same reason they have F-series plants in Mexico near the U.S. border. Cheaper labor.

The F-150 is made right here in KCMO along with the Transit. 3 shifts paying union wages and benefits.

Also in KC is a GM plant making Chevys and the Buick LaCrosse. 3 shifts paying union wages and benefits.

Not too close to China or Mexico

The F-150 is made right here in KCMO along with the Transit. 3 shifts paying union wages and benefits.

Also in KC is a GM plant making Chevys and the Buick LaCrosse. 3 shifts paying union wages and benefits.

Not too close to China or Mexico

Some of the F-Series medium duty are made in Mexico. (see below). Now that they have the UAW sufficiently beat down on wages and benefits, they can afford to move some of the production back to Ohio. Interesting.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-...production-from-mexico-to-ohio-van-plant.html

Which ford plants are sweat shops or have child labor?

You'll find some hard core union types on here who believe anything non-Union, Non-US is is a sweat shop and/or child labor shop.

You'll find some hard core union types on here who believe anything non-Union, Non-US is is a sweat shop and/or child labor shop.

You will also find hard core non-union types who forget if it wasn't for union wages, non-union wouldn't be making what they are making and rely on the feds minimum wage act and no benefits

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You will also find hard core non-union types who forget if it wasn't for union wages, non-union wouldn't be making what they are making and rely on the feds minimum wage act and no benefits

Perhaps. Though the unions happened to jump on at a time of employee discontent. it was either a union or outright strikes/riots that were going to happen to change the working conditions.

Though while that might have been the case in the distant past of unions making a difference for the most part today they are a hinderence to jobs and companies in the US. We are no longer an isolated world. Global economics are at the forefront and the unions seem to forget that.

Sorry but someone standing on a line riveting doors is not worth all of the wages and benefits a lot of the union pushes for. Those antics have driven business elsewhere. Want to blame the loss of manufacturing jobs? Look internally at the unions and the demands of our US workforce (union and non union).

Back