Average age of 5th gen. owners | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Average age of 5th gen. owners

52 - This is my fifth Explorer, 2014 Limited Platinum White with Pecan Int.

Had a 92 XLT Red, 97 XLT Green (My Favorite), 2005 XLT Blue, 2008 Eddie Bauer Black.

Rich

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

29, We have a 2014 xlt as the family car along with a 2013 4runner. We're getting rid of the 4runner this year =) Great forums btw!

32 years 2011 ford explorer limited 302a package black ext and int with rear dvd and bucket seat without console and dual moonroof

29 - I've owned manual sports coupes/sedans since I've been driving. Needed a new daily as the STi has become a project after being my daily for several years. I lived in Colorado in the Rockies for several years and it took a beating out there, so I am essentially restoring it. I didn't want to purchase another sports car if I was keeping the STi. My father has a '13 Limited that I fell in love with, so I bought a '14 Sport in Ingot Silver. He also had several Explorer/Mountaineer platforms in the past, so I am partial to them. Reasons for my purchase of the Sport - the cargo space that I lack with the Subaru, winter driving capabilities/snowboarding trips, and the power/handling/styling of the Sport. I still wanted something with sport inspiration, something with plenty of oomph, and that could handle the back roads nicely. The Sport fits the bill perfectly.

58 yr old male, 2014 Sport, my 4th Explorer over 20 years.

60 year old female and I'm still loving my Explorer. After having vans the Explorer handling and options are wonderful. Husband is 66 but the Explorer is mine, I occasionally let him use it after he signs the proper agreement. ;)

Welcome to the Forum Vermillion.:wavey:
Nice to have another Ontarian onboard.:thumbsup: Do you still have the MKX? If not, a profile update would help or add the Explorer to your signature if the Lincoln is still owned so we'll all know what you have when you post.

Peter

Done!

30 - just purchased the 2014 Explorer Sport (couldn't justify waiting for the 2015 with the deal I got). Primary reason for the purchase was my 14 week old daughter (getting a car seat in/out of a 3 series BMW is not fun). First Ford, but love the purchase so far.

Explorer.jpg

Welcome to the Forum hbshaun.:wavey:
My next one will hopefully be a 2016 model. Happy motoring.:):thumbsup:

Peter

Turned 64 yesterday! '98 5.0L EB when I was 48, '06 4.6L Limited when I was 56, and now a '14 Sport (purchased last November)

44...bought a 4x4 4 door 2014 Explorer XLT

57 years old - wife is 57 also. We absolutely LOVE our 2013 XLT. After never ending problems with our former GMC Envoy - the Explorer has been an absolute joy to drive. We take a lot of very long trips and the Explorer is a terrifc ride!

32 with Explorer Sport (leased so I can get the 16 when they redesign...)

45 years and counting

32 with my '00 EX

Am I the only one who thinks this thread is stupid as ****?

Male member size contest on youngest one to own an over priced Ford?

honestly I think my sport is underpriced especially when compared to other makes and models out there.

I find this thread interesting to see the range of ages in the sport at least.

78 Tired of stooping to enter a vehicle.:)

36 turning 37 in August...

Hi guys,

18, first car, its waiting for me in Daytona Beach, FL!

2002 Eddie Bauer V8 4WD, 1 owner, 63,000 miles! Garage kept.

Almost passed it up but showed my uncle and he moved quick. It was only up on Craigslist for 36 hours. The original owner was a firefighter who just passed away. His brother didn't want it so, I got a great deal on it! :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

36 with '14 Ex Sport (may be trading it in for a '15)

... still trying to figure out how I convinced my wife to go for it.

Back