Average age of 5th gen. owners | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Average age of 5th gen. owners

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

36, 37 (wife). 2013 Limited AWD 302a and Tow Package. Deep Impact Blue

2013-05-25%2016.15.33.jpg

Replaced a 2005 Freestyle Limited AWD. Also blue.

What can I say, we like our blue Ford SUVs.

29 - 2013 Sport

Purchased for my wife as a daily driver. Primary reason was size for a growing family and work for my wife (she owns a dance studio).

I bought my 2013 Explorer Sport 402A when I was 29. I'm 30 now. Love this sukka

10379904_10204136942249591_9075171596466757419_o.jpg

52, female, grew up in my username (sortof :p: ) - 2 Ford Country Squire & LTD station wagons from the early '60s through to the late '70s. So far so good with the new Ex, although have to get used to the size coming from an Escape.

And as many of us ladies know from that time, it was the "Moms" driving the huge station wagons to do big shopping trips and carting the kids around. My Mom always called our station wagons a "10 passenger" car with the 2 rows of bench seats and the jumpseats in the rear cargo area. Went to many drive-in movies with my siblings stretched out back there with the 2nd row down. The Ex's rear cargo area with the 3rd row down feels to be about the same size. :D

32 Male. 2014 Limited with 302A Package. We had a Cadillac SRX. Traded it in for the Ex. Have a wife 2 kids and a dog and they all fit well in it!

27 and Picking up my first explorer '13 sport tomorrow and trading in my blacked out '12 2.0 explorer limited I got when i was 25

29 y.o woman :chug:

2011 Ford Explorer XLT. White on Black leather.

Good choice :D

I see you have the same one! I just do not have the sun roof, I hate the sun lol! But I'm excited to play with it and see what modifications I can do.

Average Age of Explorer Owners.

Had a '96, 302 V8. Came with the Mustang Heads and intake system. Loved it. Would get out of it's own way. Finally got too expensive to keep throwing money at. Didn't like the 4.6 V8. Drove the Durango, Grand Cherokee, anything with a V8. No dealer with an SRT8 would let me drive it. They wanted 65K--I would have done a deal for 45--they laughed (still was a great performer from all the reports I've read). Then got a call from Gervais down here in Ayer, MA. Told me Ford was going to do a Sport model with the V6 Eco-Boost motor similar to the F-150 and one was coming in and he wanted me to test drive it. It's good he called that day because I had set up an appointment with a local Jeep dealer at a price I had beat them down to for a Cherokee with the 5.7 V8 in spite of the fact that the 6 speed tranny just didn't seem to have the ratios that would let it really get out of it's own way. Called and cancelled the deal until I could test drive the Sport. Glad I did. Did the test drive. Leaned on it and found that it was not only a mover but handled just the way I wanted a hot rod SUV to handle. Weeks went by as I did the Consumers Reports thing and managed to cut 4K off the price. Did the deal for a 2013 Sport. Two weeks later, my build was here. Have had it since Dec. 2012. At that time I was fast approaching my 71st birthday. A few issues that Ford seems to be working on. For instance, I was surprised that others had also noticed that sometimes if you really wind it out say from 35 up to 80 or so there was a smell of some sorts that most people think is that the air system is somehow feeding fumes from the engine back into the cabin. Had the heat on at those times. Will try it again with the AC on to see what will happen now that it's summer time. Will be interesting to see what Ford comes up with as it is beyond most owners ability to diagnose or fix on their own. Was brief but was apparent. So, at 72 1/2 put my age in the mix. I'm an old time hot-rodder and wanted something that would move and had a factory warrantee and I think I got it. The torque steer is something you have to learn how to deal with by counter steering a bit when you put the pedal to the metal, but is easy enough to learn. In manual (or any mode), the flapper shifters on the steering wheel make it easy to keep it on the boost and move right out and away from adjacent traffic, leaving them in the dust. Of course, that eats gas. But for the performance--it's a price that has to be paid if you want to play--and in my opinion worth it. Otherwise, if you drive like most people do, the gas mileage is fine. On the highway in cruise, it just sips the gas. Other than the smell thing, I'm happy with it. A lot of stuff on it I just don't use like Serius. When I want to hear Willy and Merl, that's what the CD player is for. Don't use voice commands like some of my friends do--too old to wrap my head around the concept. So, I use the touch controls. There's one thing I really miss and that is that V8 sound! Regards to you all. Clarence.

That's a lot of info there Clarence just to say you're 72 1/2.:D

Peter

36, would have had one sooner if they made them.

My wife and I decide on all cars together. She got to pick her last car, a 2010 Audi A4. We knew we needed a family vehicle and my only rules are 1.) no mini vans, 2.) must be reasonably fast.

She was 30, I was 31 (both +1) now and just had our second kid and it's a nice overall size but wished we had went with captains chairs in the middle row now!

34 Limited 2011

Welcome to the Forum nufanx.:wavey:

Peter

26 y/o male. Just picked up my '14 Explorer Sport Last week.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well we are tied for second oldest then. I believe there was a 72.5 year old member (Clarence). Does this mean that we now have to go back and update when we had a birthday? :D
Technically I really no longer fit into this thread. I posted on May 31st and on April 1st I took possession of my MKT, having been talked out of the final year of my 4 year lease on the Limited.

Peter

Back