1/4 Mile Run Times | Page 30 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

1/4 Mile Run Times

I ran a 13.46@105 with the v2. I haven't been able to touch that on the v3. Best mph on v3 was like 102. Et was like 13.6, 13.8, 13.9...better driving tune but definitely not faster

Yah see im on V3 also, my best Trap was 100, and most of the time its 98/99

Whats messed up is they claimed 10 more HP with v3 over v2, BS:thumbdwn:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

From the v2 I actually added catless downpipes and went to the v3 so that they could remove the c/e light for no rear cats. So yeah. Although the truck feels more refined, it's definitely down on power from the v2. I never worried about drive ability on the v2, the prior vehicle was a 7.3 excursion on 49s lol. But yeah...id take the v2 over the v3. As for power, I'd like to see their results. I appreciate their continuing pioneering for the platform and offering free updates but I remember in the other thread there were a lot of individuals (myself included) that were asking questions about the changes.

I wish I could give you guys an ET with a tune and 170 stat mod. Day 28 on the wait for the sct tune. SCT's fault...Not Torrie the tuner or the seller of the Tuners.

I am going to the track next weekend and will report back with my numbers. I have a 93 octane unleashed tune.

What are your stock 1/4 mile times? I have not had a chance to run mine yet to see what it will do....

From the v2 I actually added catless downpipes and went to the v3 so that they could remove the c/e light for no rear cats. So yeah. Although the truck feels more refined, it's definitely down on power from the v2. I never worried about drive ability on the v2, the prior vehicle was a 7.3 excursion on 49s lol. But yeah...id take the v2 over the v3. As for power, I'd like to see their results. I appreciate their continuing pioneering for the platform and offering free updates but I remember in the other thread there were a lot of individuals (myself included) that were asking questions about the changes.

Uggh! Will they give us a V2 setup for the offroad down pipes? I'm still running V2 and haven't installed my pipes yet....

I asked about this and the response was "we don't back date tunes...." I'm assuming that means no.

What are your stock 1/4 mile times? I have not had a chance to run mine yet to see what it will do....

I think stock 1/4 times are around 14.20, last time i ran it, it was 86 out and humid and the best i could get was a 13.91 which is disappointing IMO.

14.4 @ 93 mph with a 1.8 60'

93 octane street tune. I have a new file now that seems much quicker and I will be going back up to try it out in a few weeks.

93 octane street tune. I have a new file now that seems much quicker and I will be going back up to try it out in a few weeks.
Can I ask who's tune your using? Is it Livernois or someone else

Kevin

It was a very early dd unleashed tune. I have since received a more aggressive tune that I'm sure will be much faster.

It was a very early dd unleashed tune. I have since received a more aggressive tune that I'm sure will be much faster.

I hope so, 14.4 is just a touch better then stock.

New times with just the revised unleashed tune was 13.9@97 with a 2.0 60'. Truck is all stock except for the tune. I had about 8 other 14.0 runs.

New times with just the revised unleashed tune was 13.9@97 with a 2.0 60'. Truck is all stock except for the tune. I had about 8 other 14.0 runs.

Did you have allot of wheel spin? If not i wonder why the drop in 60ft. If that was still at a 1.8 like before you would be hitting closer to mid 13's.
The first 60" is very important in the overall 1/4

I did have some wheelspin, track prep was non existant since it was a street night. When I pulled the 1.8 60' prep was much better. I am going to order some downpipes and go back up again.

I did have some wheelspin, track prep was non existant since it was a street night. When I pulled the 1.8 60' prep was much better. I am going to order some downpipes and go back up again.

Where was the track at?

New England Dragway Epping, Nh

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

manual mode

Here is something for you to try.
Put it in manual mode, use select buttons on stearing wheel and put the 1 st gear indicator to the far left and double tap the left paddle shifter. This puts it in race mode. Press brake, press gas to about 3000 rpms, then floor it while letting off the brake and it will shift at 6,000 rpms, into 4th at the 1/4 mile. Already tried this and it works. Going to Gainesville raceway next Wednesday to see what it will do. Hoping a high 13 low 14. Just ran my stock 14 Mustang gt at 13.25 @ 107 MPH.

I will video the selection later this morning and try to post it up tonight.

By the way, this keeps your mode selection in normal.

Back