Lowering the Explorer | Page 14 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Lowering the Explorer

Ordered my HR springs and camber bolts through Livernois Motorsports yesterday.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My question is about warranty. Does this void any warranty? Can't figure out if I want to modify yet or wait... but its always hard for me to wait to modify haha

My question is about warranty. Does this void any warranty? Can't figure out if I want to modify yet or wait... but its always hard for me to wait to modify haha

Yes if you have a suspension warranty claim but if it's engine related warranty issue you could have that still covered but get ready to fight the dealership.

Yes if you have a suspension warranty claim but if it's engine related warranty issue you could have that still covered but get ready to fight the dealership.

Yeah figured as much. Even having them install the kit would not get you free and clear of a claim. Makes me nervous but i want the drop so bad... to hard not to mod... must resist... ahhhhhh

I was just like you man, I even bought an extended warranty plan. Thing is I just had the itch so bad and I know if I waited for the warranty to be over then I would no longer care anymore because it would be old news…. So I jumped on the mod bandwagon for the first time ever and OMG I love it. This is exactly what I imagined my beauty would run like. Now I never second guess if I can take the guy next to me at the light, I just punch it to the speed limit and look in my rearview mirrors and get all giddy inside

That sounds like fun! Glad to help get that beauty running they way you imagined. These new Explorer Sport models are becoming more popular by the day here in our neck of the woods.

First of all your sport looks bad ass.... And regarding the spacers, have u had any problems?? I've heard/read about stressing too much bearings and joints causing problems... I've seen spacers on eBay at a pretty good price, I don't know if they r worth it... But is there any particular brand which has a good reputation??? Thanks...

Question for H&R Spring lowered Sports

Unless I missed the answer in one of the many threads, has anyone had any issues with the stock Explorer Sport shocks with H&Rs (Sport specific) suspension travel issues etc. I'm finally getting around to installing them and I want to make sure since it's my wife's DD :)

Thanks, Brian

No issues and almost 13,000 km on mine.

Love them!

Darren

Thanks for the feedback...just want to make sure my wife will be happy with them

Any pics of some new lowered rides?

Do they lower the stance??

I already have issues when backing out of driveways in the MTNS of SLC utah

Got my coils in today!! Will have pictures up later tomorrow.

Like any lowering springs yes...you shouldn't have any issues with the stock ride height...might just need to pull in and out on an angle...I'm not concerned with the ride height...the purpose of my post was to get feedback from folks that already lowered their sports to see if they had issues with the H&Rs and the stock shocks which often aren't set up for the stiffer/lower ride height

My assessment of the H&R Explorer springs!

They install super easy. (2 hours by myself in front of garage)

They ride very nice, better than stock.

PERSONALLY, the drop wasn't as low as expected! Called H&R and they told me the Explorer Sport will only see a .6" front and 1.3-1.6" rear of a drop. WOW, not what it states on the H&R site. They do not distinguish between base Explorer to Sport models. This information needs to be available on the H&R and/or the Livernois Motorsports site.

SO, in lieu of this I will be buying the Flex springs. Frustrating!

Just to reinforce though, the Explorer springs from H&R are an excellent product and does lower the Explorer Sport. Because of the already lowered stance of the Sport, it will not be as much as stated on the H&R site.

I have a Brand new set of H&R Explorer Sport springs for sale if anyone interested PM me $250 in Michigan.

My assessment of the H&R Explorer springs! They install super easy. (2 hours by myself in front of garage) They ride very nice, better than stock. PERSONALLY, the drop wasn't as low as expected! Called H&R and they told me the Explorer Sport will only see a .6" front and 1.3-1.6" rear of a drop. WOW, not what it states on the H&R site. They do not distinguish between base Explorer to Sport models. This information needs to be available on the H&R and/or the Livernois Motorsports site. SO, in lieu of this I will be buying the Flex springs. Frustrating! Just to reinforce though, the Explorer springs from H&R are an excellent product and does lower the Explorer Sport. Because of the already lowered stance of the Sport, it will not be as much as stated on the H&R site.

Keep in mind that if you are planning on getting wheels with an aggressive offset or spacer, you are going to have rubbing issues and will scrape the lower front "lip" in most parking garage's concrete "stops". I'm using the flex springs with 22 inch wheels and spacers and had to modify the quarter panel molding to reduce the rubbing on the back. The truck looks great though!
I'm single with no kids so most of the time is just me in it and I'm in florida so the roads are pretty good but, it still rubs when I put 3 adults on the back and hit even a small bump on a bridge on the highway. I'm considering trying the explorer specific springs.

Just my 2 cents

Thanks mabupa. I may hold onto the ones I have till I can have a set made for the rear or some coil overs are made.

mabupa, what size spacers are you using?

What part of Florida are you from? I am in Jacksonville.

In August there is a show in Green Cove Springs, The Auto Combine 2014. Wife and Me are going.

Thanks mabupa. I may hold onto the ones I have till I can have a set made for the rear or some coil overs are made. mabupa, what size spacers are you using? What part of Florida are you from? I am in Jacksonville. In August there is a show in Green Cove Springs, The Auto Combine 2014. Wife and Me are going.
The spacers i'm using are 25mm rear and 15mm front. The rims have a 38 offset. The front spacers are still in my toolbox due to the studs in the truck being too Long and hitting the back of the rim which doesn't allow it to sit flush against the spacer. I didn't have that problem on the back since the spacers are thicker.

Keep in mind that if you are planning on getting wheels with an aggressive offset or spacer, you are going to have rubbing issues and will scrape the lower front "lip" in most parking garage's concrete "stops". I'm using the flex springs with 22 inch wheels and spacers and had to modify the quarter panel molding to reduce the rubbing on the back. The truck looks great though!
I'm single with no kids so most of the time is just me in it and I'm in florida so the roads are pretty good but, it still rubs when I put 3 adults on the back and hit even a small bump on a bridge on the highway. I'm considering trying the explorer specific springs.

Just my 2 cents

I'm thinking of dropping my truck but will I need spacers for a flush look? im already running 22 inch by 9 inch wheels and it looks flush. I can't imagine having them sit wider. do u think ur truck rubs because of the spacers?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm thinking of dropping my truck but will I need spacers for a flush look? im already running 22 inch by 9 inch wheels and it looks flush. I can't imagine having them sit wider. do u think ur truck rubs because of the spacers?
It really depends on the offset of the rims. Mine are 22x9 with a 38 offset and I didn't have any issues rubbing but, I wasn't happy with the way the rims looked so I got them. Here are before and after pics. Keep in mind that the spacers are only on the back. I haven't done the fronts yet.

Attachments

• image-2676639215.jpg
    image-2676639215.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 1,145
  • image-3569568959.jpg
    image-3569568959.jpg
    446.4 KB · Views: 1,177
  • image-2730718296.jpg
    image-2730718296.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 1,156

Back