PPE custom downpipes for the Explorer Sport | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

PPE custom downpipes for the Explorer Sport

EcoPowerParts

Reaction score
City, State
Phoenix, AZ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Flex Ecoboost
Guys we came to market first with the Ecoboost V6 downpipes that passed emissions, we also make sure to take care of you on pricing. Others have followed but we'll still lead the way. New pricing for catted and catless pipes:
$799.00 + shipping for the catted pipes
$649.00 + shipping for offroad pipes

These pipes come with everything you need to install on your Explorer sport, the catted ones do not throw codes. You can put it right on your STOCK explorer sport and they will work just like factory.

These pipes were designed and proven on the dyno, the same cats and almost identical pipes (small bend difference for engine cradle) made 600HP on my Ecoboost V6 Flex. They are constructed of US T304 Stainless steel and bolt directly into place of factory downpipes. They are made in the US and work with stock or any other tuners calibrations. They reduce backpressure and the cats have shown to pick up power down low compared to the stock pipes even on stock tune.

Let me know if you have any questions!

The pipes are not EPA compliant and will not pass in CA.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Mike,

How much of a HP gain would we see from doing just the catted downpipe? I would also like to know how much HP we would gain with the no-catted downpipe? Thanks !!

On a stock or tuned vehicle?
Stock the ECU controls the boost but we saw faster spool up of the turbos down low with boost coming in around 500-700 RPM sooner than stock. The same can be expected of the catless pipes. On catted downpipes the average is around 20HP, we're going to be some dyno testing soon in comparison but previously the only comparison I have for dynos are that the catted downpipes made the same HP as my stock downpipes with a cutout open. At the track my cutout was worth .2 and 2MPH in the 1/4 mile with my Flex. That's at least 20HP compared to stock downpipes.
We're looking forward to seeing two different Explorer sport users providing dynos once they receive their pipes (will ship this week) for everyone to review.

I'd be interested to see the gains with the catted downpipe and stock exhaust and with/without a tune

Looks like I may have to be the guinea pig!

My pipes have finally arrived. They look great. I was going to do before and after dyno pulls for Mike but I've had ZERO luck finding a place with an AWD dyno locally.

Are the Ecoboost cars being totally overlooked by the mainstream performance shops? I spoke to several local Ford shops and they were all willing to do the pipe swap for me but admitted they had never worked on EB motors before. Two even said they would do the before and after dynos - they didn't even know I needed an AWD dyno.....

I'm sure I could do these in my garage if I wanted, but I was really hoping to find a shop to work with for harder projects I envision down the road... (Megan Coilovers!!)

Sigh...

Ajar

Sorry for the delay, we had a HUGE amount of orders placed with PPE and it killed them. The good news is they're working on a bigger location, more staff and some kick ass equipment to help speed up the delivery time of our products.

Sorry for the delay, we had a HUGE amount of orders placed with PPE and it killed them. The good news is they're working on a bigger location, more staff and some kick ass equipment to help speed up the delivery time of our products.

These days that's a good problem! :thumbsup:

Now if I could just find someone around here that didn't look at me like I had my head on backwards when I ask them to help with mods for this truck.... lol

Amazing service

Wow that is all I can say about Mike and Torrie!!! If you want true customer service, look no further! I have been amazed at the level of customer satisfaction and pride they have in their businesses! Do not hesitate to do business with them!

Thanks man!
It was just an email on Easter, no worries!

I am interested......just want to see a couple of dyno pulls before and after on the same vehicle.......that will be the decision maker for me

I look forward to seeing the data.

I wish I could get someone to do one pre/post. I can tell you nobody has complained with a set of downpipes since I started selling them for SHO/Flex/Explorer

I am interested......just want to see a couple of dyno pulls before and after on the same vehicle.......that will be the decision maker for me

I look forward to seeing the data.

I'm with you on this.
I don't expect much difference in exhaust tone if used in conjunction with the stock exhaust, so I would be hoping to see some gains if I was gonna pull the trigger.

I'm interested in this product as well, but would need to see dyno results for an otherwise stock vehicle before committing $800+.

Guys we came to market first with the Ecoboost V6 downpipes that passed emissions, we also make sure to take care of you on pricing. Others have followed but we'll still lead the way. New pricing for catted and catless pipes:
$799.00 + shipping for the catted pipes

Mike,

Could these be picked up locally to avoid shipping?

I too am interested in other peoples reviews once they installed these on a stock sport.

Thank you,
Bob

If you are local, yes they can be picked up and I will arrange for a pre/post dyno. Send me a PM and I will arrange for special pricing, installation and dyno time at a reduced price.

Mike,

Did anyone ever do a pre/post downpipe dyno?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sorry, nobody ever got a complete pre-post test scenario.

Back