• Register Today It's free!

Confused on inside

95viper08

Reaction score
City, State
Lake Stevens
Year, Model & Trim Level
1993 Explorer XLT Custom
So question for everyone - I just pulled out the DRIVER SIDE quarter interior panel and there is some kind of box next to the rear washer fluid tank - I can't figure out how to post a picture of it but can anyone tell me what it is? My sound guy said it doesn't look like the factory amp Bc those are usually on the passenger side

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

1zohn5w.jpg

Here's what this piece looks like any help

Again this is under te DRIVER SIDE trim panel

That's the 4WD control module - basically the computer that connects the 4WD switch on the dash to the electric transfer case shift motor.

Sweet then I don need that - I'm not 4wd any more

What are you going to do with it?

With the control box or my explorer?

The control box.

What did you do with the stock motor, transmission, and transfer case?

Oh i did a 302 swap with a rebuilt regeared t5 and swapping over to the 2wd front end. The motor Inwas shooting for gt350 specs of 307 and I'm about 250 right now. I didn't do a build thread Bc I didn't do a build everyone else is doing. Everyone else is keeping the drivetrain standard to what there's came with (4wd, 2wd, auto, manual) I'm swapping both

I realize you did the swap, hence the question. What did you do with the stock motor, transmission, and transfer case that you swapped out? Those and the rest of the 4WD parts would be really useful to other Explorer owners, especially if they were in good shape.

Motor and tranny were sold, transfer case to be honest I'm not sure where it ended up. I still have my 4wd front end - the Dana 35 it's got 155k on it with brakes/wheel bearings that hae about 10k on them, I don't have my auto hubs anymore though

Can someone take a really good picture of their plug for this module? The wide white one came apart on mine, and I am trying to figure out how the pins are supposed to go back in. I just need a pic of the pigtail connector.

Back