rained like crazy, passenger carpet soaked | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

rained like crazy, passenger carpet soaked

wesalexleft

Reaction score
City, State
Memphis, TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 Mountaineer V8 4.6L
It rained like crazy this weekend...over 7 inches in two days. I started up the truck to head to work this morning, and as I pulled away, water poured from the passenger side dash above the blower motor area. Lots of dirt came out with it. I suspect I have a clogged drain underneath the passenger side cowl. Any tips to find it and clean it out? The truck was parked with the front slightly downhill so I'm guessing all the roof water was directed to the front, down the windshield, and directly into the cowl.

Do you have a moonroof? My 1996 XLT with factory moonroof has leaked from just above the center of the passenger seat. It has to be a forceful rain, regardless, when it happens, it sucks.

Any suggestions on how to fix the issue, as well as replace the roof interior liner? TIA.

No sun/moonroof. I removed the wiper cowl as well as the access cover behind the fuse box to clean out the cowl area. Trash had clogged the drain area on the drivers side I believe. Of course I cracked the cowl cover really good getting the clips off. But I think that's what happened. The truck sits under trees most of the time.

Back