Have you seen the tests ford put the 3.5 l ecoboost through? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Have you seen the tests ford put the 3.5 l ecoboost through?

barney6

Reaction score
City, State
Utah
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Explorer Sport
I just showed my dad my new explorer sport. He proceeded to tell me that they put that engine through a ton of test, like hauling logs ect. He said he saw a show on it. Out of curiosity I googled it and found the following link. http://www.cleanmpg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37499

There are 6 videos. The one at the top of the page is the one you want to watch last. These videos are pretty cool.

My new car gets up and goes! I don't plan on ever needing to tow with it, but it is great to know I have the best engine out there!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Your profile doesn't show you have a Sport. It shows a Mustang. ;)

Peter

I like those videos. It does sustain confidence in the powertrain.

I have a Mustang GT also...

It doesn't matter whether you have an Explorer, Mustang, or horse&buggy.

It doesn't matter whether you have an Explorer, Mustang, or horse&buggy.
Totally agree, but if your profile shows what model you have then it is helpful in addressing certain issues/concerns when posting and you don't have to mention it every time when posting. When replying to posts, the first thing I do is check to see what year and model the poster has so I can answer accordingly. ;):thumbsup:

Peter

I've tried searching (here and google) the reason why the Ex Sport does not come with the same amount of torque as the F-150 and couldn't come up with anything? I'm sure someone on here knows the reasoning.

Thanks

Peterk9,
Not sure why that matters when I was just sharing videos about the 3.5 l ecoboost engine, but I have a mustang and on Wednesday I got my 2015 explorer sport that I ordered. I changed my car in my profile just now so hope that helps.

I've tried searching (here and google) the reason why the Ex Sport does not come with the same amount of torque as the F-150 and couldn't come up with anything? I'm sure someone on here knows the reasoning.

Thanks

Highly likely it stems from torque capability of transmission, and perhaps transmission mounts.

I've tried searching (here and google) the reason why the Ex Sport does not come with the same amount of torque as the F-150 and couldn't come up with anything? I'm sure someone on here knows the reasoning. Thanks

They are actually two different ecoboost engines. The F-150 has variable intake and exhaust valve timing--through moving the camshaft. The fwd platform has "only" variable intake timing--also through the camshaft.

Could be transmission capacity, ptu capacity, or exhaust... More likely due to exhaust manifolds and the compromises of packaging for a fwd platform.

Back