New guy here with '14 Ingot Silver Sport with an itch for some mods | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New guy here with '14 Ingot Silver Sport with an itch for some mods

QBNKID

Reaction score
City, State
Northern New Jersey
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Ford Explorer Sport
Hey guys, new to this forum, for the last few days I've been reading mostly on this sub-forum to see what mods can be done to this beauties.
Mostly interested in visual mods and not that much on the performance of it yet (note I said yet ;)). Can't wait to start with some subtle mods... :)
Anyways the Sport is my wife's daily driver, we just got it about a week ago. So far she loves it and I'm impressed with it as well.

OK, here's a picture next to my SRT, yes both are silver as wife wanted it to match mine. So darker taillights can be a nice start on the Sport...

ExplorerSport_zps490e1694.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It'll be interesting to see your thoughts on the Sport in comparison although it's apples to oranges

It'll be interesting to see your thoughts on the Sport in comparison although it's apples to oranges
Well, my wife and I were looking for a mid size SUV with a somewhat comfortable 3rd row seat and that it didn't look like a stretched out SUV to fit a 3rd row seat and needed to be sporty and somewhat unique in design. Neither the Durango R/T or Audi Q7 or any other did it for us, the Explorer Sport had everything we were looking for.
I have always owned jeeps, 5 to be exact and this being my first Ford so far I'm impressed and so is my wife, she loves driving it!
As far as comparing it to the SRT, is apples to oranges as you said. The Sport being a much newer model, definitely has nicer technology and is very comfortable. As far as performance is not even close comparing an 11s second modified SRT to the Sport in stock form that runs in the low 14s (I'm guessing). Same for the handling, the SRT being lowered with Eibachs and running 275/315 F/R tires is like on rails taking turns, the Sport even thou it handles great is not even close. I'm sure it can be improved a lot more by lowering it and using the spacers I've been reading about here, but I'm not doing any of that yet.
I hope this FORD doesn't let me down cause so far we love it, I just wish my wifey would let me drive it more often... lol :D

It's my wife's daily driver too and she loves it. Where the Sport really shines is on road trips (just made our 3rd one from Virginia to Mass, first with the H&Rs installed) where you can pack a ton of stuff into it, get decent gas mileage, and keep up with most things on the road ;-)

It's my wife's daily driver too and she loves it. Where the Sport really shines is on road trips (just made our 3rd one from Virginia to Mass, first with the H&Rs installed) where you can pack a ton of stuff into it, get decent gas mileage, and keep up with most things on the road ;-)
I have to agree, we just took our first road trip to upstate NY, about a 2 hr trip and it was awesome. Like you said, we had the 3rd row fold down and we were able to pack so much into it.
Did the ride quality felt any different with the H&Rs?
Just want to make sure it won't bottomed out and the ride/feel quality remains the same or close to stock.
Thanks!

the stance of the vehicle is awesome now...handling is definitely improved...ride quality is the same not harsh at all...would a set of koni's or bilsteins improve it further of course

the stance of the vehicle is awesome now...handling is definitely improved...ride quality is the same not harsh at all...would a set of koni's or bilsteins improve it further of course
Good info. Thanks!

My silver grill would look good on yours, and your black grill would look good on mine. Just saying. :D

Mike thanks for the link.
I'll hit you up when the time for some go fast mods come into play.
That's a fast Flex, I'm impressed. What were the numbers for both on that run? Can't see on the video, but I did see the Flex won.
Any new 1/4 mile times on the Flex now that is putting out 600+hp? And that still without the bottle correct?

twodogs, don't think so bro lol, got to love all the silver/black combo on this Sport.

Here's an update with pics on the first mods I've done to the SPORT.
Tints (35% front side windows and 50% windshield) and the black front and rear emblems.
Ohh and upgraded headlights and fogs to Diode Dynamics 6000K HIDs kits. Got to say, love the quality and ease to install this kits.

After getting it tinted
20140717_121210_zps2a78bccc.jpg

20140717_121239_zpsb3b633de.jpg

Before
20140719_205636_zpsaffa8d7b.jpg

After
20140719_212018_zps53c012c9.jpg

Only one with the HIDs that I have for now.
20140719_223329_zps47ecd7e6.jpg

explorer sport looks nice. I can't wait to get mine.

Back