Someone has had to change the ignition coil? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Someone has had to change the ignition coil?

Tavin

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
Ford Explorer Limite 2016
seven months ago I changed an ignition coil two days ago returned to give another coil fails, has anyone had this problem?, any comments?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

assuming its a v8 COP coils cause a v6has a coil pack. yes they are very common.

I don't recall any posts about coil failures.

Peter

My 2011 Explorer XLT with only 38,000 kms, I am concerned with this situation, the warranty does not cover the change, the coils should last more, I am glad that no one has occurred

sorry didnt realize you were talking about a 2011 was it the same coil or a different one obviously a v6

A different coil

None of the techs at my dealership have replaced any of the explorer ones from that body style explorer yet but we have done some of the edge and such which are similar but not very common at all. Surprised you had two of them

In dealer not know the cause, I say others may be in poor condition, I think electric overload during acceleration in overtaking has occurred so the two occasions

One last post I had parts give me a history on that part number 8 total some outside shops and some in our shop. I think they fit and edge also very few have been changed around here. None in the last year. Hope that gives you some piece of mind.

reassures me, thanks mez4406

In dealer not know the cause, I say others may be in poor condition, I think electric overload during acceleration in overtaking has occurred so the two occasions

What is the current status of your vehicle, Tavin? Are you experiencing any other symptoms? Please share the details; I’ll see what I can do.

Kwasi

Kwasi, unless Tavin has moved, he lives in Nicaragua.

Peter

Thanks kwasi, as Peter says live in Nicaragua, not if you can do something about it, engine failure, air conditioning warm greetings Peter

At this time the vehicle is in the latest dealership, no coil available, take to get about 10 days, and say they can not assign me vehicle, here we are helpless

oh and two months warranty term of three years and have to pay the Part

Back