22" Wheels For Explorer | Page 9 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

22" Wheels For Explorer

wheel and tires

yes they r 285/40/22 they barely touch the rear of the fenderwell liner where it bumps out on the back side where the body seem is when wheel is at full turn in.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

What size/brand/offset wheels are those

looks real good

Will these wheels work?

Looking at ordering a set of wheels. Here are the specs. I'm just not sure about the offset and hub bore.

22x9 size
5x114.3 pattern
38 offset
74.1 hub bore

I've merged your post with this existing one on 22" wheels. Check out post #9 .
What size tires are you looking at using?

Peter

265-40-22 for tires. The hub bore being off by 1mm (assuming mm) isn't a big deal?

And then the other question would be could I still drop it on the H&R springs and not have rubbing issues?

hey guys running 22x10.5. tire is 285/35/22. no rub at all. but its not quite in line with the fender. might put spacers to make it look just right. cant post pics so here are some links.

https://db.tt/GsQ5u4iT

https://db.tt/r0XsSW3s

265-40-22 for tires. The hub bore being off by 1mm (assuming mm) isn't a big deal?
That would put you just within the accepted maximum 3% diameter variance. Your variance would be 2.61% compared to the 245/60R18 tire.

Peter

That would put you just within the accepted maximum 3% diameter variance. Your variance would be 2.61% compared to the 245/60R18 tire.

Peter

Mine is running the 20's right now, but either way they should be fine. Rims are ordered. Something I haven't seen on an Explorer, at least not that I could find.

Can you fit a 10.5? It seems like it might be too wide no matter the offset.

I have 22x10.5 and its pretty much a spot on fitment.

22x9. Just need some tires and they'll be on. May wait til I get the H&R springs and do it all at once.

A5CFB33C-44DE-4C82-B033-0681BBF67E14_zpsszlpedt0.jpg

A22B57D5-42CC-411A-857C-E42F9B09B95D_zps6zvtorrs.jpg

super late joining this party but how are the rims with the rubbing now? i was looking into getting rims with the same specs actually but was wondering how much it was going to rub. i dont plan to drop my explorer at all. i just wanted to make sure that there were no issues with turning/bumps. i had my car dropped before with the rims rubbing and over time it just wore a whole in the fender lining and all sorts of bad stuff after

Hate to burst any bubbles here..
I've been running 22x10.5 vossen CVTs for a while now with HR springs and recently added full accuair system..

I have ZERO rubbing! ZERO!!

BMC I checked your YouTube vides, your truck is sick ...

Wish I had the funds for an Air Supension. Maybe later we will see

Baddceo, and finished pics? I'm not very far from you.

hey BMC what kind of tires are you running 35 or 40?

Hate to burst any bubbles here..
I've been running 22x10.5 vossen CVTs for a while now with HR springs and recently added full accuair system..

I have ZERO rubbing! ZERO!!

do yo have any pics. i am running 22" vossen cv3. woud love to see your setup. thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

hey chris, you have anymore pics of your rims? i actually wanted to do the vossens before. what are the specs of your wheels and tires

Back