Ordered 2015 Explorer Sport | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ordered 2015 Explorer Sport

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

How exciting!! Mine doesn't work yet. Yours must be further along in the process than mine is. I noticed that when you look at the window stickers on the dealership website the stickers are all the same web address but with the individual VIN. I suspected that we would be able to see them here once they were generated. I guess I will have to keep checking back.

How do enter your vin to get the window sticker? So cool.

Crystal from Ford Service on here was able to provide me with the VIN for my vehicle. I clicked on another link like my but put my VIN in instead of theirs and it came up.

Just ordered my 15 Explorer Sport in Magnetic Metallic with all the options. How do I go about tracking the order/build process? It's going to be a long 8-10 weeks til it is ready. Hopefully it gets done sooner!

So curious...... How long between the time you placed your order and getting your VIN#? My order was placed June 12th and as of yesterday it is still pending with no updates. I'm in Calif so know the transport time from the plant is not going to be short.

This is the first time I have ever done a factory order for a new vehicle and I was in no hurry when I began looking for a new one. Now the anticipation is well you know.

So curious...... How long between the time you placed your order and getting your VIN#? My order was placed June 12th and as of yesterday it is still pending with no updates. I'm in Calif so know the transport time from the plant is not going to be short.

This is the first time I have ever done a factory order for a new vehicle and I was in no hurry when I began looking for a new one. Now the anticipation is well you know.

If you have your order number from the dealer get in contact with FordService (Crystal) on line here. She can get your VIN# sooner then your dealer. Waiting for the Window sticker to show up took about 3 weeks for me but it all depends on when they cycle your order in. Just check the window sticker web site everyday.

If you have your order number from the dealer get in contact with FordService (Crystal) on line here. She can get your VIN# sooner then your dealer. Waiting for the Window sticker to show up took about 3 weeks for me but it all depends on when they cycle your order in. Just check the window sticker web site everyday.

Thanks August. Crystal has been an angel and checking. No VIN as of last Friday. Was just curious from others how long it took between order and VIN or actually knowing a production week.

Thanks August. Crystal has been an angel and checking. No VIN as of last Friday. Was just curious from others how long it took between order and VIN or actually knowing a production week.

These are the dates for me. I noticed my dealer ordered some 2015 for themselves recently and this may be why I have to wait so long for delivery. I got the ETA for delivery from Crystal on June 24th. I received the same info on my July 1st inquiry and since then I haven't asked for more updates since I figure it is not going to change. :) I hope this helps.

Here are my dates
Ordered May 31
VIN# assigned June 17 and a production estimate of July 1 from Crystal
Window sticker online June 26
Production July 7 (week of)
ETA to dealer July 25

These are the dates for me. I noticed my dealer ordered some 2015 for themselves recently and this may be why I have to wait so long for delivery. I got the ETA for delivery from Crystal on June 24th. I received the same info on my July 1st inquiry and since then I haven't asked for more updates since I figure it is not going to change. :) I hope this helps.

Here are my dates
Ordered May 31
VIN# assigned June 17 and a production estimate of July 1 from Crystal
Window sticker online June 26
Production July 7 (week of)
ETA to dealer July 25

Well as best I know my order was placed June 15th and as of last Friday it was still pending when Crystal checked. So hopefully this week or next at the latest I will get some good news. You should have yours very soon. Congrats.

Congrats on ordering, Adam! I'll be happy to keep you posted on your Explorer as it moves through the production process. PM me your order number and dealership name/location; I'll provide you with weekly updates on your vehicle's status.

Crystal

Crystal, I also just ordered a 2015 Explorer Sport. I sent you a PM because I'm not sure which number to send to you for status updates.

Crystal, I also just ordered a 2015 Explorer Sport. I sent you a PM because I'm not sure which number to send to you for status updates.

Got it, zombiemom! Let me know when you're ready for another update. :D

Crystal

Thanks so much!

Have my VIN for my White Platinum Explorer Sport

I also sent Crystal a PM, since I just got my VIN this past Friday. Can't wait to get it.

Put pretty much every option in it. I am even getting the dealer to install the remote start APP so I can start my Explorer from my desk at work in the Winter. Seem like a pretty awesome option to add and I am sure will be worth every penny.

I also sent Crystal a PM, since I just got my VIN this past Friday. Can't wait to get it...

I can't wait for you to get it either, maj24! I responded to your PM; check out your inbox for my message. :thumbsup:

Crystal

I got your message! Awesome, and thanks Crystal!

Got my VIN from Crystal last Friday. I know we do not say it enough but Crystal you are great and I am sure I speak for everyone here when I say thanks for all your support for us anxious Explorer buyers.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Got my VIN from Crystal last Friday. I know we do not say it enough but Crystal you are great and I am sure I speak for everyone here when I say thanks for all your support for us anxious Explorer buyers.

I would like to know who I can contact to let Ford know just how awesome she is. Ford management needs to know the importance of her activity and interaction with all customers here whether they are happy, frustrated, impatient etc. Her contributions here are really a huge value added to Ford's business and brand. When you are having problems it is so good to know that someone within the corporation (besides the dealer) is following up on it. For me personally, so far, she has made the wait for my new Explorer tolerable by knowing the time frame for the build process. Thanks Crystal!

Back