2016+ Ford Explorer will be the redesign? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2016+ Ford Explorer will be the redesign?

Although not an Explorer, the 15 Superduty has had LED on some of the mules driving around for testing. It is completely different wire harnesses on the LED headlights then the factory halogens. Unless you go 3rd party (if they are out there) with harness adapters, you won't be able to just switch from halogen to LED and think it's plug and play.

That's the point of adapters. Believe me, with all the Ex's out there, if it is not a redesign but rather cosmetic changes and things like LED headlights or LED DRLs in the exact same headlight housing like I mentioned above, enough people with '11-'15 will want the new look and aftermarket companies will make it happen.

I'd consider it.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Since when has the Ford Explorer after 4 - 5 years ever had a refresh except for the 2nd generation 2001 refresh? I am totally leaning on a redesign. Especially with Ford trying to cut costs.

No, I know someone who tests vehicles for Ford and earlier this year they were testing out a 15 Superduty with HID and LED (2 different vehicles).

I'm hoping for the LEDs or HIDs to be on a Job 2 or Job 3 of the 15 Superduty.. Praying someone will have adapters to get them to work.

I get what you're saying now. The '15 won't get LED's, they are for the redesign in '17MY.

I get what you're saying now. The '15 won't get LED's, they are for the redesign in '17MY.

No, I am expecting either HID or LED on the 15 superduty as a job 2 or job 3 change. Ford is the only one that only runs halogens in their HDs.

No, I am expecting either HID or LED on the 15 superduty as a job 2 or job 3 change. Ford is the only one that only runs halogens in their HDs.

I don't think Ford has ever implemented a mid-year change like that and it's not happening on the Super Duty. Like I said, it will happen for '17.

I don't think Ford has ever implemented a mid-year change like that and it's not happening on the Super Duty. Like I said, it will happen for '17.

I'll just agree to disagree. They wouldn't create a 2015 headlight with LED and HID and have them on the roads now testing them. They'd have the newer style on the road testing them for 2017. These are for the 2015 model/body style. They are expected to be out this model year.

The 2017 model will have some of the front end styling of the 15 F150 with a new headlight redesign.

Anyways, this is getting off topic since this is an Explorer forum.

I'll just agree to disagree. They wouldn't create a 2015 headlight with LED and HID and have them on the roads now testing them. They'd have the newer style on the road testing them for 2017. These are for the 2015 model/body style. They are expected to be out this model year.

The 2017 model will have some of the front end styling of the 15 F150 with a new headlight redesign.

Anyways, this is getting off topic since this is an Explorer forum.

Is that kind of how they built a few 2011 F150 with aluminum beds for real world testing by customers? The bed wasn't coming to production for 5 years but they had production looking versions. When an upcoming model will have all new electrical architecture you need to have all the planned electrical items in the test vehicle.

Here is a pic of the 2015 Edge. Front end looks a little like the Everest. I wonder if the 2016 Explorer will have any resemblance?

Peter

Attachments

• 12383_o_001.JPG
    12383_o_001.JPG
    57.7 KB · Views: 1,125

Here is a pic of the 2015 Edge. Front end looks a little like the Everest. I wonder if the 2016 Explorer will have any resemblance?

Peter

Nope, completely different.

Riley how do you know, no one knows how the 2016 will look...! ALSO FOR WHAT MY SISTER INLAW WHO WORKS FOR FORD MARKETING SHE SAY'S IT WILL BE 2017 MODEL REDESIGN.

Riley how do you know, no one knows how the 2016 will look...! ALSO FOR WHAT MY SISTER INLAW WHO WORKS FOR FORD MARKETING SHE SAY'S IT WILL BE 2017 MODEL REDESIGN.

What do you mean no one knows? It will be shown later this year so the design has been finalized for some time now. Surely there are some people who know what it looks like. It's going to be a '16MY, not '17.

What do you mean no one knows? It will be shown later this year so the design has been finalized for some time now. Surely there are some people who know what it looks like. It's going to be a '16MY, not '17.

Trust me he knows what he is talking about, he is 100% correct.

Tell your sister in law she's wrong.

The 16 redesign was finalized while back, I know only because we can't plan Police Interceptor lighting modifications without knowing what headlights/tail lights will be in the vehicle.

It will be released to the public at the LA Auto Show in November 2014.

Peter

That's a redesign on the Edge. First came out in 2007 with a facelift in 2011 and new design for 2015. 8 years tot he redesign.

Ex came out in 2011. That's why I am calling or a facelift in 2015 and redesign a few years later, but who knows until we see it.

The 16 redesign was finalized while back, I know only because we can't plan Police Interceptor lighting modifications without knowing what headlights/tail lights will be in the vehicle.

Yeah, but will the headlight housings be the same (facelift) with different interior lighting so that's why you can't plan mods or do you know for a fact it will be a completely different/differently shaped headlight housing which would lean towards a redesign?

Same with taillights. They often get a new look/facelift with the same housing, though no redesign of surrounding panels/shape of taillights.

completely different

2.7l Ecoboost in new Explorer?

Just have seen upcoming Edge ads on Ford website and it seems that it utilizes an optional 2.7l Ecoboost engine.
So, my guess is, that for upcoming facelift/new model in 2016 (likely) 3.5l N/A engine might be retired and replaced by 2.7l Ecoboost as Ford is moving towards better fuel-efficiency and more strict MPG requirements.

From these pics, it looks almost like the headlights have a similar cut to the 10-12 MY Fusions - not the same but a somewhat similar looking cut, judging from the tight points on the camo (not the white cutouts). Also, the grille is almost expedition looking from this angle.

how accurate is this (look) and what do you guys see? Sgt?

http://releasecar2016.com/2016-ford-explorer-redesign-release-date/

Waiting for November..

I want the redesign to have a "Super" Sport trim level were they take the current 3.5L Ecoboost that is in the F150 and drop in into the explorer. I want even more power and more torque than my current Sport and want it stock without having to do a firmware mod that would void my warranty.
I doubt they'd do this though

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Just have seen upcoming Edge ads on Ford website and it seems that it utilizes an optional 2.7l Ecoboost engine.
So, my guess is, that for upcoming facelift/new model in 2016 (likely) 3.5l N/A engine might be retired and replaced by 2.7l Ecoboost as Ford is moving towards better fuel-efficiency and more strict MPG requirements.

Nah, think smaller.

Back