SYNC Services Activation WARNING | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

SYNC Services Activation WARNING

burtman

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Explorer Limited
Beware if you had a vehicle with SYNC and using the same phone number and buying a new vehicle that uses SYNC you must have SYNC delete your old Subscription. Tried to set up "SYNC My Ride" on my new 2015 Explorer and kept getting a message saying "I needed to purchase a Subscription". Tried several phone calls to them and they(SYNC) insisted that my vehicles Subscription has run out. Tried telling them that my old vehicle was still listed on SYNC My Ride and I had the same phone number and that vehicle needed to be deleted off the account so I can add the Explorer. Dealer was able to contact someone higher up at SYCE to listen to us. As soon as they deleted my old Edge from there system the new explorer activated onto the SYNC services system. To bad their is not away to delete your old vehicle yourself on there website.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hi burtman,

Congrats on your new Explorer!

I know you have already had this taken care of, but if you have more than one vehicle on your account, you can delete one of them. To do this, go to the bottom of the blue stripe and click on X REMOVE VEHICLE. A confirmation prompt will appear and as soon as you confirm, the vehicle is deleted. Here's what it looks like:

Removevehicle.jpg

Confirmation.jpg

If you have issues with your account or SYNC system in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me. :)

Rebecca

I had no problems switching when I got my new vehicle. I called Sirius/XM and they transferred my existing subscription to the new vehicle. Although there is supposed to be a fee for this, it was done at no charge. Then when that subscription ran out a couple of months later, I called back and asked them to start my 6 month free trial. I'm now good until December.

I have also moved your thread to the IVT sub forum.

Peter

Thank you Rebecca for you reply and yes I do like the Explorer. I should have gone into more detail on my last post. YES I did delete my old vehicle from my account and it did show on my end that it was taken off my account. BUT after talking to an administrator with SYNC they (SYNC) found a "glitch" in their system that when I used my phone number for the new Explorer their system kept going back to my old vehicle that used the same phone number even thou it was deleted on my end from my account and would not let me activate the "services" part of SYNC without purchasing a subscription. Luckily we were finally put thru to a supervisory person that took care of my problem. I was told that it kept showing my old vehicle on my account on their end even thou I deleted on my end.

Back