New head lights WOW | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New head lights WOW

I have never been gun shy when it comes to spending money on mods, but 1k for some headlights? There are way too many other things I would rather do within that price range.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have these(the first set done by chandler)
I have them with all the options... They are flawless and set the truck apart from everything out there.
This image is actually my headlights in development.
Except I did the BiXenon projector retro fit, which is $1400, with the led halo, and led switch back DRL strip. Also internal black out...

Bad ass....

Were they easy to put in? Is it just like the OEM ones?

Be nice to get a Forum group discount and some cash for our OEM headlights.:thumbsup:

I think your design is awesome and would look fantastic on my '15 Exp. Just wish the pricing was a bit lower. 1K for headlights is just out of my ball park. But GREAT work.

anybody have pictures of this headlight installed on ex?

Those look very cool but maybe wait for the 16 to be released with the new LED lights and see if they bolt in.

Those look very cool but maybe wait for the 16 to be released with the new LED lights and see if they bolt in.

From what I have been reading a new front end with new lights more arrow dynamic. I have a feeling that new lights will not bolt to older model. But you never know :)

so i drove by a municipal car lot and noticed that the explorers all had the amber lens modified. cut out for the blinker part. so i guess somebody is making them that way. samething on this guys website. anybody know where you can get that?

http://www.thelightingfirm.co/store/p18/2011-2014_Ford_Explorer_Halogen_LED_Upgrade.html

That's the Police headlight only, its modified by the Ford OEM supplier and they have cutouts on the housing internally for emergency LED/Strobe lights. That amber cutout is to allow for the front Park/Turn/Warn light to flash white when activated.

You can order them from dealer or Ford parts, they do have an OEM part number but VERY expensive.

[MENTION=168816]Sgt1411[/MENTION].. thx. actually found them on ebay, type in ford explorer police headlight.
Wish I saw this before I customized my headlights. i really like the cut out look on the amber part. Wanted a switchback running light. white light until you turn blinker on then it goes amber. had that look on my nissan maxima for a long time
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odk...&_nkw=Police+ford+explorer+headlight&_sacat=0

Just be aware that those police versions also have pre drilled knockouts for the installation of emergency strobes. If they are used headlight assemblies they might not have the original hole covers so the assembly could have several open holes where emergency light bulbs used to be attached.

Just be aware that those police versions also have pre drilled knockouts for the installation of emergency strobes. If they are used headlight assemblies they might not have the original hole covers so the assembly could have several open holes where emergency light bulbs used to be attached.

+1...

And that is the perfect recipe for moisture to get into the headlight and screw everything up.

If you don't intend to use 'em, try to find something to plug/seal 'em.

Just got mine! Really cool lookin!

DiUZINIl.jpg

chaz1. please post more pictures. looks nice

Hi Chaz1, where did you get light? What was cost? They look awesome!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back