Reaction score
City, State
Livonia, Michigan
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Explorer Sport
Think im gonna get a tuner but which one??? :thumbsup:

i did a search i read all the threads... :D

as of today, 8-4-14 are you happy with your tuner? :usa::burnout:
what tuner did you get and are you using now?
what tune??
any other mods you done to make tuner more useful?

any advice or suggestions on helping me to pick out a tuner will be grately apreciated.

trying to decide which one to buy and from where?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Think im gonna get a tuner but which one??? :thumbsup:

i did a search i read all the threads... :D

as of today, 8-4-14 are you happy with your tuner? :usa::burnout:
what tuner did you get and are you using now?
what tune??
any other mods you done to make tuner more useful?

any advice or suggestions on helping me to pick out a tuner will be grately apreciated.

trying to decide which one to buy and from where?

I just installed the Livernois tune last week and like most turbo vehicles, a tune is the most bang for your buck IMO.

Totally different vehicle and drives like how it should have from the lot.

I just installed the Livernois tune last week and like most turbo vehicles, a tune is the most bang for your buck IMO.

Totally different vehicle and drives like how it should have from the lot.

what tuner did u get? SCT? LUND?

what tuner did u get? SCT? LUND?

Neither,

they use this one...

aaaaa.jpg

I have the SCT tuner juiced up by a well known gentleman in St Augustine,FL named Torrie...I highly recommend him.

http://www.unleashedtuning.com/component/option,com_frontpage/Itemid,1/

http://ecopowerparts.com/shop/index..._id=36&zenid=6908ff42a35ffe3612034604608252d9

$419.00 complete! On top of that, you can sell the SCT x4 tuner if you wish or continue to use it making adjustments yourself such as top speed, rpm limit, and making your speedo 100% perfect. The datalogging is also a great feature to let Torrie see if the already great tune he sends out initially is capable of added HP, etc per each individual vehicle. Every engine is slightly different in how it handles a canned tune. Nothing beats a personal dyno tune. But if you can't go that route, this is the next best option.

Buzz

I LOVE it. Livernois and I have no issues.

Neither,

they use this one...

aaaaa.jpg

I have the SCT tuner juiced up by a well known gentleman in Michigan named Torrie...I highly recommend him.

Buzz

Except for the wait to get the tunes.

+1 on the Livernois. Incredible.

I have the Lund tune; its really nice, but after the sale no follow-ups or continued development and improvements.

I'm surprised there's not some Unleashed guys popping up in here, great tune, great service and $415 shipped. The key is with the '14's we need to check your box code to make sure it's supported already.

+1 Livernois. Really happy with the 93 octane tune.

Just spoke with the guys at DiabloSport, they have tuner for the F150 EcoBoost and the Explorer Sport EcoBoost tuner is coming shortly. I bought their product before and it was great. Doesn't lock to the vehicle and allows you to replace the tunes with stock tune if your vehicle needs service.

www.diablosport.com

Livernois. Awesome tune. ++++++1

looks like a 1987 tuner?!

Except for the wait to get the tunes.

the SCT 4" touch screen is a must... this mycal looks like crap...

Neither,

they use this one...

aaaaa.jpg

I have the SCT tuner juiced up by a well known gentleman in St Augustine,FL named Torrie...I highly recommend him.

http://ecopowerparts.com/shop/index..._id=36&zenid=6908ff42a35ffe3612034604608252d9

$419.00 complete! On top of that, you can sell the SCT x$ tuner if you wish or continue to use it making adjustments yourself such as top speed, rpm limit, and making your speedo 100% perfect. The datalogging is also a great feature to let Torrie see if the already great tune he sends out initially is capable of added HP, etc per each individual vehicle. Every engine is slightly different in how it handles a canned tune. Nothing beats a personal dyno tune. But if you can't go that route, this is the next best option.

Buzz

why would they not use SCT 4" touch screen? livernois is right around the corner from my house but im not going there to get this crap looking tuner??!!

Neither,

they use this one...

aaaaa.jpg

$419.00 complete! On top of that, you can sell the SCT x$ tuner if you wish or continue to use it making adjustments yourself such as top speed, rpm limit, and making your speedo 100% perfect. The datalogging is also a great feature to let Torrie see if the already great tune he sends out initially is capable of added HP, etc per each individual vehicle. Every engine is slightly different in how it handles a canned tune. Nothing beats a personal dyno tune. But if you can't go that route, this is the next best option.

Buzz

I live right around the corner from livernois but im not going there to get this??!!! looks like crap... 4" SCT touchscreen has got my attention.

I wouldn't judge these units like that.... You upload the tune then put the tuner unit away in your drawer. Do you want a better tune, or a fancy screen?

That said, been running the LMS 93 high boost tune V2 since January and absolutely love it. Like other said its like night and day. Almost V6 Mustang vs. 5.0....

Regardless of what you go with, please consider the tunes available over the aesthetics. If you want some fancy touch screen action you can hook up any android or idevice to the service port and get data on everything under the sun.

Cheers,

Ajar

New guy questions?
What is a tune? Will it make my 2014 sport faster? is this something I just plug into the OBD port and hit send and it upgrades my computer?

So it comes down to who has the best most efficient tune? I would think most people would run a 91 octane tune as 93 octane is not always easy to find?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back