No status bar for music tracks? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

No status bar for music tracks?

jwmisner

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Ford Explorer XLT
Forgive me if this has been asked before, but my 2015 Explorer with MFT does not seem to have a "status bar" on the dash display that shows how much time has elapsed for each music track. I just upgraded from a 2012 Explorer that also had MFT, but it showed this status bar for tracks from my iPod and with Pandora.

Is this an issue that I should contact the dealership about, or is this normal with the new model?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Since you've had a MFT system before, I suspect you're used to the navigation buttons on the steering. On mine, I just scroll to the music source using the buttons on the steering wheel, and see the time elapsed status bar on the small screen in the dash.

Hope that helps.
DB

Nope. Just above the track name/artist, it's all black. No status bar.

Either, really. I don't recall if the track's status was displayed on the touch screen, but I know for certain it was on the cluster.

On my 2012, it was, but on my 2015, it is not. Also, I've noticed that, on the cluster, I don't have nearly as many options for either the LH or RH screens. Before, I could choose from several fuel economy options, like showing tach+temp+fuel, but on this one, there are no options. When my wife gets back home, I'll take some pics and post them.

Also, I've noticed that, on the cluster, I don't have nearly as many options for either the LH or RH screens. Before, I could choose from several fuel economy options, like showing tach+temp+fuel, but on this one, there are no options. When my wife gets back home, I'll take some pics and post them.

This is known as progress.

Trying to delete the massively large pics, but don't know how to delete a post.

Here's some pics of the screens I was referencing:

img_84491.jpg

This is the touch screen, without the status bar.

img_84481.jpg

This is the only LH cluster screen option I have as far as displays go.

img_84471.jpg

These are the only RH cluster display options I have.

img_84461.jpg

Here is the RH cluster, without the status bar.

I have the most recent MFT 3.6.2 and am not familiar with previous versions.

There is no status bar for time elapsed on the 8" MFT touch screen from any source, but there is one on the right 4.2" screen when set to the entertainment source, BUT only from certain sources. The right 4.2" screen shows a time elapsed status bar for USB MP3 songs and CD songs, but not for Bluetooth music streaming of MP3 songs and songs from the radio (don't have Sirius).

I use Android so I can't say what the deal is for iPhone/iPod. Different software versions on Android and iOS may or may not do different things.

Since I have a 2011 Ex, even with the most recent MFT 3.6.2 I still have all the old features on the small left and right screens - like climate control on the right.

It sounds like you had a different version of software on your 2012 Explorer. The status, or progress, bar was changed to the time equivalent (0:00). To progress through a song or book, you can press and hold the fast-forward button on the screen or steering wheel.

Hope that helps!

Rebecca

Is there any way to see how long the song is in addition to how much time has elapsed? My Jeep with Uconnect shows both, but I'm guessing MFT doesn't?

jwmisner, as far as the right hand infotainment display, that is all there is. If you are looking for the 'Climate' option, I believe that was removed with the 2013 model. I can't really comment on the other displays since the 2015 Owner's Guide is not yet available on the site I go to to download them.
https://owner.ford.com/servlet/ContentServer?pagename=Owner/Page/OwnerGuidePage

Peter

If you are looking for the 'Climate' option, I believe that was removed with the 2013 model.

My 2013 Limited still has it. Maybe it was removed for 2014?

My 2013 Limited still has it. Maybe it was removed for 2014?
Could be. I wasn't entirely sure which model year it was. Thanks.

Peter

My '15 also doesn't have a time remaining or status bar when I have my iPod hooked up. Like you, my '14 Jeep Grand Cherokee with Uconnect did. I miss it. Having said that, Uconnect took forever to get album artwork up on the screen, sometimes never. MFT does this flawlessly.

Tony

Back