XSports with Tuners, are u happy? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

XSports with Tuners, are u happy?

So it comes down to who has the best most efficient tune? I would think most people would run a 91 octane tune as 93 octane is not always easy to find?

Depends on where you live.... In Florida 93 is available at every station. On a recent work trip to Utah, I noticed that 85 was the norm for regular out there and 87 (our regular) and 89 were considered their mid grade and 91 seemed the best you could get. The real punch in the stomach was all of it was $0.50 more a gallon. So the 85 was +.50 over our 87 and the 91 was +.50 over our 93.

Love it out in the desert but ouch!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yes we only have 93 at Chevron, 91 is considered Supreme and is about 20 cents a litre more! Being hosed it seems.

You can get 3 tunes in the SCT X4, so you can get a 87 performance, 91 performance and a 93 performance. The X4 will hold 10 custom tunes but the more tunes you get over 3 will cost you a little more money.

Yes i saw that on the SCT webpage - it is unclear however on that page if the Explorer tune is available yet...

Depends on where you live.... In Florida 93 is available at every station. On a recent work trip to Utah, I noticed that 85 was the norm for regular out there and 87 (our regular) and 89 were considered their mid grade and 91 seemed the best you could get. The real punch in the stomach was all of it was $0.50 more a gallon. So the 85 was +.50 over our 87 and the 91 was +.50 over our 93.

Love it out in the desert but ouch!

I will make you feel better....gas in Vancouver BC is around $1.40L

There's 3.8L in a US gallon

$1.40 X 3.8 = $5.32 a US gallon for regular

94 Octane at Chevron is $1.65/L = $6.27 US gallon!

Feel better now?

I was in AZ last month and I was paying $3.49 US gallon at QT.

Makes you warn to cry does it not? And in Whistler it goes up usually again every weekend, just to make all the tourist really welcome...

went with the Livernois tuner

well i decided to go with the livernois tuner. Man im super pleased. ++++1

Back