How many miles on your 2ND GEN EX? | Page 29 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How many miles on your 2ND GEN EX?

Post number 869 has been selected as best answered.

My '99 Eddie Bauer 4.0 4x4 has 186,x.. on the body. Supposedly has 60k less on the motor. I think there is an exhaust leak up by the motor that needs attention.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I posted by this thread before, but to update my 99 4.0 OHV just hit 270,000 miles. Its got a small oil leak, a miss at idle, but still does everything I ask of it.

Hey!

Ok I have 1998 Mountaineer V-8. It's about ready to turn 250,000 miles. As near as I can tell everything is original. It runs very smooth and everything does what it should. When it turns 250K I'm throwing it a party. I'm about to take a road trip that will total about 1300 miles. Am I crazy for taking my high miler on this long of a trip? I always keep tools & parts & all fluids with me just in case! Would love some feedback. Thanks all!

Ok I have 1998 Mountaineer V-8. It's about ready to turn 250,000 miles. As near as I can tell everything is original. It runs very smooth and everything does what it should. When it turns 250K I'm throwing it a party. I'm about to take a road trip that will total about 1300 miles. Am I crazy for taking my high miler on this long of a trip? I always keep tools & parts & all fluids with me just in case! Would love some feedback. Thanks all!

Not the exact same vehicle, but two summers ago I took my '98 Navigator with 280K on the clock on a two week, 3500 mile trip. Ran flawlessly the whole trip and is still going strong. Good luck.

98 mountaineer 5.0 awd , 223xxx original motor,trans, transfer case and axles plus she has been wreaked before put back togather and still going good besides nickle amd diming me all the time

128,500 I bought two years ago with 98,000 from the second owner!

It's a champ!

Not the exact same vehicle, but two summers ago I took my '98 Navigator with 280K on the clock on a two week, 3500 mile trip. Ran flawlessly the whole trip and is still going strong. Good luck.

Hey, my 1998 Mounty turned over 251,000 on my 1400 mile trip and did GREAT the whole time! I think your 98' Gator' has the same engine as my Mountaineer! I'm sold on it!

1999 xlt

263 498 mi (424059 km) on this baby all original but the body is starting or maybe should I say rotting. I am the 2nd owner I purchased her in 2002 we've been trough a lot together since then (our first home, marriage, Deejay, etc.) and she was the one that brought home my baby boy in 2007 and my baby girl in 2010 brought them to the hospital when needed brought me to work and back everyday all I can say is that I've been taking her for granted and I do not want to part from she's a part of me and my family I salute her :salute:

I can't believe some of you guys are at a quarter of a million miles. DAMN.

I'm sitting around 140,000. Since I bought the Civic I've reduced miles on the truck from about 18,000 a year to only about 3-5k.

I can't believe some of you guys are at a quarter of a million miles. DAMN.

I'm sitting around 140,000. Since I bought the Civic I've reduced miles on the truck from about 18,000 a year to only about 3-5k.

I bought mine at roughly 118k. It now has like 142k. I've had it almost 4 years. That's 6k a year. And that average is only has high as it is because it was a daily for almost a year and went on some big trips. And when I do drive it, I typically drive it 250-300 miles.

My mariner OTOH, had it just over a year and have put over 33k miles on it.

My 1996 Eddie Bauer just hit 80,000 miles. I am the second owner. All original engine parts. That little beauty will push! I drove it through a major snow storm last winter and it didn't even show a hint of slipping!!!

My '98 XLT has 183,600 on it. Haven't been putting on miles like I used to now that it's not an only child.

Road tested

'96 with 239,362 as of October 2013. She's been garaged since then. Starter went out (darn near caught fire) and I had her towed home. Since then I have been tinkering with little things she has been begging for and now I am getting more serious with complete cooling system (in place), new A/C system (partially complete), all new engine sensors, new grille, headlights and marker light assemblies, rear bumper, rear shackles (check yours!), and will be starting on pushrods, lifters and the heads soon. Even though I miss my '92 1st Gen., she's still got miles to give. Whew....

1996 EB 4x4, auto, 4.0 OHV. Bought it a few months ago with 133K, now has 136K.
had trans rebuilt, replaced both upper control arms, front shocks, and inner door handles. Been a great vehicle so far and hope to put many more miles on it in the future.

1996 5.0 AWD 279,000 just rolled it today but not all original power train.

My 01 Eddie has 208K+. Rebuilt trans at 160K, everything else general maint. Minor things starting to pop-up but looking for 400K+.

Wow

89, 000 original miles on my 1998 XLT 4.0 auto that I paid $1000.00 for a few weeks ago.

We both got lucky. Bought mine from a friend of a friend in Mar of this year. Truck has aftermarket wheels and tires,worth over $1,000,and only 91,000 miles when I bought it.
Paid 2,000,and already got several offers for more,if I choose.:salute:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Keeps on Rollin got 321272 all original running head has a rough idle at first start up but good besides that

Back